Things that men say that get me going

4 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

the affectionate attitude is affirming to who and how we are and is an in-your-face: "fuck you," to the culture that conditioned those feelings into us.

This. It’s, in a way, about reclaiming those insults and turning them into something positive for us. Yes, I’m a f4g, and someone calling me that doesn’t offend me because I’ve reclaimed that word. And the “affectionate degradation” is a joint effort between degraded and degradee to put that reclamation into effect, basically rendering the insult powerless - because guess what? We get off on it.

3 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

i used to feel condemned by "God,"

That's the kind of crap that was drummed into me as a little kid.  Layering guilt upon us, with the inevitable impeding Judgement, and doing it to little kids, is the real outrage.  I'm so glad you outgrew that nonsense, and became the man you were born to become.  Now.  You may add the rest of the quote, since, given half the chance, I'd do it myself.