Do you tend to get more attention in certain areas?

Bluepsyclone

Hey guys, lately ive been feeling kind of unattractive. Ive been in a certain part of Manhattan NYC (east village) for many years. When I log on to A4A, I would occasionally message guys who are kinda cute, but I would never get any sort of response. I dont get many messages at all when I log on. Thats when I realized, the guys in my area are total snobs and ill just check out different areas.

I have family down in Atlanta GA, so that was the first place i thought to set my new location. Within a few min I had DOZENS of emails I couldn't believe it. for a moment i felt like a gay little star. Ive been in new york all my life and was just shocked to see that there are much friendlier (and hotter) guys in different areas of the country. I think I know where I may be going for the summer ;)

Do you have locations online, or at bars where guys tend to approach you more?

I tend to get more attention from some sites than others but it changes - some can be fine for a while then nothing, then others get me more responses. You're a good looking sexy guy so if it isn't working on one site, try others for a while. A4A seems like there will be tons of listings so less chance and more competition. Too much choice leads to indecision and no responses. Where there is less competition and choice you're more likely to get noticed, I expect. As to friendliness, I guess in the big city we're all protecting our precious space so we get less friendly and in an odd contradiction, feel more isolated. Enjoy all the attention in Atlanta! ;)

I'm not sure about big metro areas like NYC, but I've noticed you get a lot more notice when you are new to an area. I got tons of guys interested in me when I first came up to Cape Cod, but now I get a smaller (but steady) stream of guys looking to hookup. I think everyone has dry spells from time to time, don't worry too much about it.

• 1 year later...

Man, this happens to all of us.

When it happens to me, I start by uploading some new pictures or changing up my profile texts. Just think of it as your profile has gone stale and it's time to freshen up a bit.

Switching to different cities works too. Whereas I can be stale in my area, when I log into say, Austin, Washington D.C. or Seattle, those guys hit me up like I'm the hottest piece of meat ever! Suddenly my email is bombarded with messages from hot men--the attention is great, even if it's just for an evening.

Sometimes we all need to be validated.

Never underestimate the fresh meat effect, I stay up in London with friends quite regularly, when I started doing it, used to get inundated with messages from guys very local to my mate's place in east london, but even that's slowed down, even though I'm only there few days a month, but when I'm just a mile down the road from my mate's place, I'm fresh meat again and loads of messages start flowing again

• 2 weeks later...