“Respectable” Places for Making LGBT Friends

11bi11guy

I’m a mid-30s bi guy moving to Chicago soon with my girlfriend. We’ve got an open relationship where she gives me a hall pass to fuck guys once every few months (I’m on PrEP, get tested after each hall pass, we have a few other rules, etc.).

I don’t have much trouble getting cock when I have the opportunity. But I need to make new friends. We have some existing friends in Chicago, but they’re pretty conservative with their sexual behavior—a lot of jokes about 69, jizz, and anal that mask discomfort with sexual fluidity or genuine expressions of sexuality. I would like to be part of a kinkier social circle. Ideally one that is open to LGBT/queer identities, but also even just an open minded swinger’s group—we had friends like that in the past, and I feel over time those groups are getting more comfortable with MSM, especially younger people.

I don’t want to find friends during my hook-ups. One of the rules of our open relationship is to avoid interactions that involve emotional attachments, which is why my girlfriend prefers me hooking up anonymously at bathhouses and bookstores. I’m not opposed to hooking up with my friends at some point in the future. We just had our first STI from my last hall pass a couple months ago (treated, all negative now), and we may need to discuss new rules that make things a little safer, including the possibility of ongoing FWBs to have more trust around testing. My relationship with my girlfriend is the most important thing to me, and it may take her some time to get to the FWBs point, so I don’t want to introduce her to “my new friends” who I first met on a hookup site.

So where are the “respectable” places I can I meet cool, sexually open, LGBT-friendly people in Chicago? I do want to get involved with LGBT rights/health organizations. Anybody have recommendations for those groups?

Edited by 11bi11guy
  • Upvote 1

• 11bi11guy changed the title to “Respectable” Places for Making LGBT Friends