My First STD

I got my first STD-Rectal gonorrhea. Im actually relieved because I thought it was something worse…My only regret is not going to the clinic as soon as I experienced these symptoms. I was somewhat scared and procrastinated. Idk what to say, but I guess i need to  ready for these type of situations. Thats the risk we take for taking loads. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TripA84 said:

Thats the risk we take for taking loads.

This is the risk we all take when we fuck raw.  There will be std's occasionally.  But you're bright enough to have gone on PReP, which means you'll be taking loads - a lot of loads - for longer and in better shape than some other guys.  Don't feel badly about it, just get it taken care of, and get back out there doing what you know you need to do.  Good luck, bud.

• Like 1

@TripA84, glad you've gone in for testing and treatment! Taking care of your sexual health shows that you care about yourself and about other people.

Please consider discussing with your doctor, and setting up a regular testing schedule. Although people who take medication for HIV prevention or HIV treatment automatically receive regular STI testing (for PrEP users who are gay or trans, the US guideline is STI testing every 3 months), other people should consider regular testing, too. Unless we stop having sex, STI risk is always present.

It's also a good idea to review vaccinations with your doctor. Vaccines against Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, HPV, and meningitis are available, and these four infections can be transmitted sexually.

As you and @hntnhole both say, these are the risks we take. Note too that gonorrhea and some other STIs can be transmitted just from getting or giving a blowjob.

Reference re: testing frequency:

• Search for "More frequent STI screening" in [think before following links] https://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment-guidelines/msm.htm

Edited by fskn
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, TripA84 said:

I got my first STD-Rectal gonorrhea. Im actually relieved because I thought it was something worse…My only regret is not going to the clinic as soon as I experienced these symptoms. I was somewhat scared and procrastinated. Idk what to say, but I guess i need to  ready for these type of situations. Thats the risk we take for taking loads. 

but it is not a burden at that moment or do you feel that way? then you are doing something wrong