monkeypox ruining my life lol

well,im really unlucky....I planned a 2-month sex trip ( been planning this since 2019 ), saved the money, quit my job. and then I came to europe to stay for 2 months

First weekend was amazing, and then I found out about monkeypox(. I honestly did not know anything about it until like 3 days ago )

ive been trying to get the vaccine here in Berlin but its impossible

after having anxiety for the last couple of days, last night I decided to go to a cruise club and , guess what, I was afraid to do anything.

Im supposed to stay in Europe sex-partying until first week of October...but now., I dont know...If I was back home I would just stop having sex....but look this...I came to this trip only to be a cum dump for 2 months.....

well....Im gonna have fun this weekend ( watersports only ), and If I dont get the vaccine until Monday, Im just gonna cancel the rest of the trip.

tks monkeypox for ruining my life and my dreams 😞

• Sad 1

On 8/11/2022 at 9:46 AM, tomzefis said:

well,im really unlucky....I planned a 2-month sex trip ( been planning this since 2019 ), saved the money, quit my job. and then I came to europe to stay for 2 months

First weekend was amazing, and then I found out about monkeypox(. I honestly did not know anything about it until like 3 days ago )

ive been trying to get the vaccine here in Berlin but its impossible

after having anxiety for the last couple of days, last night I decided to go to a cruise club and , guess what, I was afraid to do anything.

Im supposed to stay in Europe sex-partying until first week of October...but now., I dont know...If I was back home I would just stop having sex....but look this...I came to this trip only to be a cum dump for 2 months.....

well....Im gonna have fun this weekend ( watersports only ), and If I dont get the vaccine until Monday, Im just gonna cancel the rest of the trip.

tks monkeypox for ruining my life and my dreams 😞

Bear in mind that the vaccine takes 3-4 weeks to become fully effective. So even if you got it today, it would be late August at the earliest before you have significant protection. Keep that in mind as you search for your vaccine, and good luck.

I'm curious where you're visiting Europe *FROM*, that you managed to plan a trip there and actually arrive without having heard anything in the news about monkeypox. I realize there are places in the world where coverage hasn't been as extreme as in Europe, Canada, and the United States, but I honestly thought any gay man who pays attention to the news would have heard about this by now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:56 PM, BootmanLA said:

Bear in mind that the vaccine takes 3-4 weeks to become fully effective. So even if you got it today, it would be late August at the earliest before you have significant protection. Keep that in mind as you search for your vaccine, and good luck.

I'm curious where you're visiting Europe *FROM*, that you managed to plan a trip there and actually arrive without having heard anything in the news about monkeypox. I realize there are places in the world where coverage hasn't been as extreme as in Europe, Canada, and the United States, but I honestly thought any gay man who pays attention to the news would have heard about this by now.

i had my vaccine today...I ll wait 3 days to go back to action...they told me it already give me "some protection" after the first dose. so im gonna wait 3 days...and thats it...

well..I heard about MK before my trip but I thought was more like a "flu"..so I did not care....I did not know about the rashes, etc...

anyway, now im here, so im gonna at least enjoy a little

It’s been difficult finding a place near me in austin tx that has the vaccine but I’m still looking and hope I can get it without a ton of red tape and interrogation. I read you have to test  positive for MK or make them believe you’ve been with 10+ guys and Believe you may have come in contact with someone who has MK

5 hours ago, tomzefis said:

i had my vaccine today...I ll wait 3 days to go back to action...they told me it already give me "some protection" after the first dose. so im gonna wait 3 days...and thats it...

well..I heard about MK before my trip but I thought was more like a "flu"..so I did not care....I did not know about the rashes, etc...

anyway, now im here, so im gonna at least enjoy a little

It's your call, but I believe you misinterpreted what you were told. Yes, you get some protection after the first dose - but that's in comparison to getting BOTH doses, which are given 21 to 28 days apart. It is my understanding that the first dose really doesn't offer any significant protection for at least a couple of weeks, and I know of at least one friend who got the vaccine, was exposed 6 days later, and came down with monkeypox anyway.

What I think you were told is that once the first dose kicks in - not right after getting it - you have some protection even if you don't get the second dose.

17 minutes ago, topblkmale said:

Would love to know the OP's age for more context...

22 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

It's your call, but I believe you misinterpreted what you were told. Yes, you get some protection after the first dose - but that's in comparison to getting BOTH doses, which are given 21 to 28 days apart. It is my understanding that the first dose really doesn't offer any significant protection for at least a couple of weeks, and I know of at least one friend who got the vaccine, was exposed 6 days later, and came down with monkeypox anyway.

What I think you were told is that once the first dose kicks in - not right after getting it - you have some protection even if you don't get the second dose.

what they told me was that....since I got the first shot, the symptoms were more likely to be mild...but yes would not avoid to get the MK

well, If was not on this Trip i would totally not have sex, but I came to Europe just for that....So I guess Im gonna take the risk....

On 8/15/2022 at 2:52 PM, tomzefis said:

what they told me was that....since I got the first shot, the symptoms were more likely to be mild...but yes would not avoid to get the MK

well, If was not on this Trip i would totally not have sex, but I came to Europe just for that....So I guess Im gonna take the risk....

Have you been having fun while in Europe? I got my first shot today and my trip to Berlin is 2 weeks ago so I should be okay