Poz

So I was diagnosed poz a few months ago. Not sure how long before that I’ve had it. So about a week ago I felt like I had the flu typically flu symptoms. Today only symptoms are fever 99.7.plus a bit of weight loss. So I’m wondering what to expect next. I am not on meds. 

2 hours ago, Steph said:

So I was diagnosed poz a few months ago. Not sure how long before that I’ve had it. So about a week ago I felt like I had the flu typically flu symptoms. Today only symptoms are fever 99.7.plus a bit of weight loss. So I’m wondering what to expect next. I am not on meds. 

i think you must go to the doctor ,    quickly

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Steph said:

So I was diagnosed poz a few months ago. So about a week ago I felt like I had the flu typically flu symptoms. Today only symptoms are fever 99.7.plus a bit of weight loss.

1. These are not conversion symptoms (it's much too long after you contracted HIV). 2. It's probably the flu. Or possibly another illness with flu-like symptoms (there are many). 3. You don't mention how your immune system is doing with the HIV, not being on meds. If your T cell count is OK, then you don't have any reason to worry more than anyone would with flu-like symptoms. Go see a doctor if they persist, otherwise your immune system did its job. 4. If your T cell count is low, you may have trouble with any illness. In that case, definitely see a doctor (and consider going on ARVs for the HIV). 5. The fever is "moderate" (under 100) and the weight loss is likely due to dehydration. Rest and drink plenty of fluids.

• Like 1