Does your therapist know about behavior?

Oldercumslut

Yes I see a therapist.  Have PTSD, ADHD, depression (all pretty linked together).  Finally found a therapist that I trust.  Female, short hair, butch looking, her orientation has never come up. I have it interesting to talk about my behaviors, which are considered risky.  Discussed Friday, what I really got from totally anon scene, the risk, the uncertainty, the fear.   No answers but is very comforting to have someone who I can be completely honest with.  Plus we actually discussed up front what she would tell insurance company, how it would be documented, etc.

To those of you in therapy, are you honest with your therapist?  Are you getting any benefit from it.

I can't answer directly because I'm not in therapy, but it seems to me that if one isn't honest with a therapist, whatever help he/she provides is going to be limited at best. A therapist needs to understand as much of you as possible in order to help you learn what you need to know about yourself.

Kudos to you for opening up to her. 

• Upvote 1