Syphilis

Mcv69

I just tested postive for Syphilis, I Havnt had a sexual infection for years and I’m wondering for any info on syphilis is it easily treated? I have felt pretty poor the last few days almost like a terrible flu but just put that down to bad weather run down etc. Also can anyone elaborate on if the injections cause any sort of side effects?? Thanks 

Syphilis is very easily treated in its early stages, and is no big deal- a dose of penicillin injected into each buttock will do the trick… it will hurt, but it’s bearable. Apart from residual pain/stiffness at the injection site for a day or two, side effects will depend on how you react to penicillin, but I think they’re generally quite rare. I’ve never had any.

It is harder to treat in its later stages, so it depends how long you’ve had it- I’m not an expert, but I think anything less than 2 years is considered ‘early’. Even so, treatment remains the same (penicillin)- you would just need more of it.

When I was diagnosed with it, they didn’t know how long I’d had it for, as it was the first time I’d ever been screened for it. So they gave me a second double dose of penicillin a week after the first, and then took blood samples every month for 3 months to make sure it had cleared… That was a bit of a pain, tbh, but not the end of the world.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spunkinmyarse said:

Syphilis is very easily treated in its early stages, and is no big deal- a dose of penicillin injected into each buttock will do the trick… it will hurt, but it’s bearable. Apart from residual pain/stiffness at the injection site for a day or two, side effects will depend on how you react to penicillin, but I think they’re generally quite rare. I’ve never had any.

It is harder to treat in its later stages, so it depends how long you’ve had it- I’m not an expert, but I think anything less than 2 years is considered ‘early’. Even so, treatment remains the same (penicillin)- you would just need more of it.

When I was diagnosed with it, they didn’t know how long I’d had it for, as it was the first time I’d ever been screened for it. So they gave me a second double dose of penicillin a week after the first, and then took blood samples every month for 3 months to make sure it had cleared… That was a bit of a pain, tbh, but not the end of the world.

I had it about seven years ago and Havnt had anything since I usually test every three months and it’s always been negative for syphilis, I’m thinking this is a completely new infection so it’s in the pretty early stages. Thanks for your advice much appreciated. 

I add last stage of syphilis 

and it’s whas hard for me 

lost of Vision my lower leg pain 10/10

and after months of treatment it’s still detectable in my blood for life

so when I tested positive for hiv it’s whas easy compared to syphilitique 

• Like 1

Update. Took two penicillin injections in the butt, have felt so crap the last 24-36 hours, fatigue sore throat cough night sweats chills etc. Starting to feel better now it’s been two days since the injection. Would highly recommend not getting Syphilis at all it’s been pretty rough, I can’t remember it being this rough the first time. This has Definitely made me question my decisions going forward, yes I will still bb but I’m definitely not going to fuck 100 bottoms a month anymore. Need to slow down. It’s been difficult contacting my sexual partners but I made a valiant effort considering most of them where Anon from sex on premises venues and saunas it’s been hard but anyone iv known of iv let know to get tested asap. 

• Upvote 2

It can present as a breakout, usually on the cock or around that pubic area, and also as a rash covering most of the body.

I've had both.

Its spreading in the gay community, partic with those who bareback.  Its the cost of "doing business".  And the earlier respondent was correct, two penicillin shots in the butt - hurts like hell, again the cost of "doing business"

• Like 2