Case of rape

Sharp-edge

I am most shocked after this

[think before following links] https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/12/23/greece-charged-classmate/

where it is reported that several (5-8 adolescents) raped one of their classmates (a boy). I still can't believe that size of cruelty. I mean why? I try to figure. I'm afraid that this is the case of domination. That boy was raped  so as to be "broken". I don't  believe these guys were gay. What am I trying to say? That not only did they rape him but possibly they want to make him pay for something? Like if they thought he was "a faggot" that's how faggots should be treated? Of course raping is one of the worst crimes but I believe it's more than just rape. It's pure malice. I can't put it into words. And regarding that boy, I don't know which is worse. Having everyone (because everybody in his school will know) know that he is raped? Stupid people believing that since he was raped he is not a man? or if he was gay, could that make him feel that he deserved it? Will there ever be something to soothe his soul?

And regarding the other guys,  now what? They will  get in prison so these will get raped too? That's our answer? Let's do more rapes? And when they get out of jail, after all the torment they will pass during jail, won't they be even worse?

I don't know how I feel about this. I'm just  sad and angry. Why did they chose to hurt him? Why did nobody stand up for him? I've heard in the news that 4 girls were also watching. These girls that failed to report this  should be treated as equally guilty.

Rape isn't about sex. It's a crime of violence. Calling rape a "sex crime" is like calling someone who assaults you with a shovel a "yard tool crime" - the point is the violence, not the means chosen.

Now, the sex part is relevant, in that it's designed to humiliate, and to control a very intimate aspect of the victim's life. But again, it's not about "sex" or "sexual orientation" (gay vs straight).

Straight people can be raped; gay people can be raped; bi people can be raped; asexual people can be raped; pansexual people can be raped. It's completely off-track to wonder about the orientation of the victim or the perpetrators (with the sole exception of when and if the victim was chosen specifically because of his/her orientation). And idiots wondering whether he was gay or not doesn't do anything to help him. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

Rape isn't about sex. It's a crime of violence. Calling rape a "sex crime" is like calling someone who assaults you with a shovel a "yard tool crime" - the point is the violence, not the means chosen.

Now, the sex part is relevant, in that it's designed to humiliate, and to control a very intimate aspect of the victim's life. But again, it's not about "sex" or "sexual orientation" (gay vs straight).

Straight people can be raped; gay people can be raped; bi people can be raped; asexual people can be raped; pansexual people can be raped. It's completely off-track to wonder about the orientation of the victim or the perpetrators (with the sole exception of when and if the victim was chosen specifically because of his/her orientation). And idiots wondering whether he was gay or not doesn't do anything to help him. 

You're right about that, it's a form of violence. But it was a very complex crime in my eyes. It was meant to cause harm both mentally and physically. That's what makes it special (in a negative way of course). I'm just trying to decipher their "motives". And I hope he will find the help he needs. I feel very sad about that guy. I don't pity him, that's the worst of emotions. Wish he could be helped someone, that there was something to be done. I'm afraid there isn't.

• Upvote 1