Manchester suggestions

Slinglizard

Hey all,

So I’m going to be in Manchester on Friday - Sunday (20th - 23rd Jan).  I’ve got a hotel in the city center and am wondering what the nightlife is like.

I’m a mid 40s bottom with a liking for group scenes, guys in leather/rubber and sometimes some piss.

I thought I’d start by having a few drinks in Company Bar and probably moving onto the Basement Sauna.  Does anybody have any decent suggestions?

I’ll address this to both @Slinglizard and @Doccer19677

I lived in MediaCity until last year (had to sell a kidney to pay for it!) and enjoyed a robust sex life there. First tip is that Uber is your friend. Manchester is a relatively contained city and public transport isn’t marvellous. Black cabs tend to be driven by grumpy racist homophobes in my experience but you’re never more than a couple of minutes away from an Uber. My Uber history and shagging history are practically a mirror image.

The gay scene is a pale shadow of what it was and Canal Street is very hit and miss these days. Sometimes great, sometimes just a mass of vile queens more interested in bitching than shagging. The last couple of times I went to Company bar (admittedly a long time ago) it was dead. The Eagle is a much better bet. The Basement is, again, very hit and miss. And you can never predict when it’ll be busy. It can be great, it can make you wish you’d stayed at home and had a wank.

Like everywhere, the apps in Manchester have a large percentage of time wasters. But if you turn on Grindr, BBRT in Salford Quays/MediaCity you’ll be knee deep in cock at all hours so the odds aren’t too bad. However, the best app (particularly during pandemic lockdowns I found) is FabGuys surprisingly. For some reason, FB seems popular in the city. Certainly, the filters for what you’re looking for (bareback etc) really do allow you to cut to the chase quickly.

Hope that helps.

Edited by RawPlug
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Slinglizard said:

Thank you so much @RawPlug!

If anybody is around and fancies a few pints and maybe something else, let me know!

On rereading my post, I realise if might come across as being more jaundiced than I intended. Canal Street has become jaded and lacklustre, but there are some terrific guys in the city. And The Eagle is great on a busy night. 

9 hours ago, RawPlug said:

On rereading my post, I realise if might come across as being more jaundiced than I intended. Canal Street has become jaded and lacklustre, but there are some terrific guys in the city. And The Eagle is great on a busy night. 

And they also have my favorite German beer on tap :)