Should I worry about my Grindr encounter?

Bttml00king

Yep there is loads of pedophile hunters and cops on grindr that try to catch guys out. If you don’t want to ruin your own life do not chat to anyone who is below the legal age limit. I talk to no one under 19. I also find younger guys pretty dumb I do prefare mature older guys. 

• Upvote 1

How can one be sure to talk to someone who is not lying about his age, especially minors who say they are 19, 20 or 21 on Grindr? 

I guess not talking to anyone who is below 30 might be safer. 

2 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Its quite possible that this WAS actually law enforcement trying to entrap the poster.

For discretion on Grinder I recommend using disappearing pics and NOT talking to anyone under 21 years of age. There are lots of high school age trans kids on Grindr in my neighborhood. (whole other topic for discussion) I immediately block them if they are too close or make ANY kind of contact with my profile. I live in the NE where there are many local jurisdictions and I have been approached at least twice by LEOs aka 'to catch a predator'.

If you don't mind sharing, how were you approached by LEOs? And how did you know that they were LEOs? 

Grindr has become such a joke of an app lately. 

I wouldn't worry too much, but I personally try not to chate with anyone under 21. And, if it comes to the point of hooking up and they look young... I ask for an ID. I had one extremely young looking kid chat  didn't talk anything sexual. Said you look young, how old are you? Said he was "18" I said I needed a picture of his ID to prove it. 

Every excuse in the book to not send it to me. I reported the profile and then blocked it. .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bttml00king said:

How can one be sure to talk to someone who is not lying about his age, especially minors who say they are 19, 20 or 21 on Grindr? 

I guess not talking to anyone who is below 30 might be safer. 

If you don't mind sharing, how were you approached by LEOs? And how did you know that they were LEOs? 

I was approached by a guy first claiming to be 19 years old then later changed their age closer to being 15 years old. Similar to the OP. The chatting back and forth didn't match the age/demographic I was supposedly chatting with. (use of slang/abbreviations) Also alot of the conversation appeared very purposely scripted. After I the guy changed his age and I suspected it was a LEO, I quickly blocked the profile. Blocking a profile removes the chat history on both parties.

Edited by topblkmale
  • Like 1

I had something kinda similar happen to me a couple years ago. A guy who hit me up on Grindr had me n my husband come over, he said he was 18, n we snuck into his parents basement. He fucked me as my husband watched (he likes to watch men fuck n breed me), n then we left. A couple weeks later rolled by, n someone said that they were his parents, n they were going to report me to the police because the guy was 15, despite his profile saying different. I blocked him, but he continued to harass me, to the point that I told him if the guy was 15 years old, he had my phone number, to call the police. Once I said that the texts n calls ceased. 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 3:07 AM, Bttml00king said:

I usually bottom but when it comes to topping, I prefer younger guys. I am very careful and discreet when meeting guys online but what had happened really hit my nerves. 

A few days ago, a 19 yo guy hit me up on Grinder and sent me pictures of his face and shirtless upper body. He asked for my face pics so I unlocked my album with face pics. Then, he sent me his nude pics and I returned mine as well. The exchange went typical with "into" and "where to meet." He said he was a bottom and liked to be submissive. He asked if I was into role play and I replied "not really." He asked if I was married with kids. I replied "yes" and he said that was very hot. 

We both could travel and agreed to meet for carplay. I asked if he knew a safe spot for carplay. He said he did and would be free in a few hours. I was not going to waste my time and told him to hit me up when he was free and ready to meet. He continued to messege me. He first told me to pick him up and I said no. Then, he said he could come pick me up which I declined. He told me that he was a virgin and asked if that turned me on. I replied yes. He asked me why and my answer was maybe a tighter ass. Then he tried to call me via the app. I didn't answer and told him that I don't do calls. He then sent a voice message saying how tight his hole was and tops could not get their cocks in. 

He asked if my kids knew that I was having sex with guys. I told him that I would not get into personal details. This is when he started sending me a string of offensive and harassing messages. He first asked how my kids would feel that I am fucking boys not much older than him. Then, he claimed he was 15 and I had nudes from a minor on my phone. He called me disgusting and said that he had saved my face and cock pics. 

He asked what my kids would do if I gets arrested for being a pedophile and if I had sex my children too....etc. What will I do if my wife finds out? At this point, it was too much to bear. I reported and blocked him. 

Should I be concerned? This whole thing really made me feel uneasy. As much as I like hooking up, there is no way that I would break the laws to do anything with minors. Thanks for reading. 

honestly as long as you save the messages and the fact he lied you will be fine. just got to be safe and save all encounters which is what i do so that i can prove my Innocence. i had a similar thing happen and he didnt block me on there so i took pictures of his conversation and sent it to grindr. the guy was actually 20 but lied to the police trying to get me arrested for something i didnt do and so i showed them the proof. hes facing criminal charges for what he did

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rawboipussy said:

he said he was 18

Same happened with me, he said he was 18, and we hooked up twice, I discovered later he was almost 15. I was 19 at the time, but he was taller than me, therefore I didn't expect he would lie to me about his age. He kept texting me for along time after that. 

12 hours ago, Mcv69 said:

Yep there is loads of pedophile hunters and cops on grindr that try to catch guys out. If you don’t want to ruin your own life do not chat to anyone who is below the legal age limit. I talk to no one under 19. I also find younger guys pretty dumb I do prefare mature older guys. 

..ask more questions/use common sense with anyone you may connect with bec its really not worth any amount of hassle post action....there is plenty of cock and hole in the world ....and if young appeals .....find them at sexclubs and bathhouses....we all have to pass some muster getting into. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, faggot4play said:

..ask more questions/use common sense with anyone you may connect with bec its really not worth any amount of hassle post action....there is plenty of cock and hole in the world ....and if young appeals .....find them at sexclubs and bathhouses....we all have to pass some muster getting into. 

You are right and thanks for the suggestion. Like you said, it is not worth it. In retrospect, a lot of what he said just didn't add up. First, he said he could travel and meet right away. When I asked where, he said he could meet a few hours later and asked me to pick him up. After I declined, he said he could pick me up. I guess he tried to get my address. His questions asking me if I was married and had kids probably a setup to extort me later. 

Sorry to hear from all the experiences. It is more common than I have thought. What a shitty world that we are living in. 

I deleted my account after the incident and created a new one. To my surprise, the 19 yo is still active with the same profile photo. I could see his distance from me and his tags are dtf, kissing, roleplay. I have reported him to Grindr but I guess nothing has been done.

I am really tempted to approach him as a different person and figure out if he is a LEO. I will be smarter this time for sure. 

22 hours ago, Bttml00king said:

You are right and thanks for the suggestion. Like you said, it is not worth it. In retrospect, a lot of what he said just didn't add up. First, he said he could travel and meet right away. When I asked where, he said he could meet a few hours later and asked me to pick him up. After I declined, he said he could pick me up. I guess he tried to get my address. His questions asking me if I was married and had kids probably a setup to extort me later. 

Sorry to hear from all the experiences. It is more common than I have thought. What a shitty world that we are living in. 

I deleted my account after the incident and created a new one. To my surprise, the 19 yo is still active with the same profile photo. I could see his distance from me and his tags are dtf, kissing, roleplay. I have reported him to Grindr but I guess nothing has been done.

I am really tempted to approach him as a different person and figure out if he is a LEO. I will be smarter this time for sure. 

Careful. Depending on where you live (suburb, urban, rural) and the distance, he could figure out where you live using the explore function on Grindr. I turn my distance off after I have a shady interaction with someone. But I live in an urban area so someone close-by can figure out where I live just by walking the neighborhood.

On 2/13/2023 at 3:07 PM, topblkmale said:

Careful. Depending on where you live (suburb, urban, rural) and the distance, he could figure out where you live using the explore function on Grindr. I turn my distance off after I have a shady interaction with someone. But I live in an urban area so someone close-by can figure out where I live just by walking the neighborhood.

Thanks @topblkmale. Do you know that the explore fuction can be disabled on Grindr? I have that enabled. Plus, my distance is turned off. He is 10 miles away so I think it is not that easy to find where I am exactly. 

40 minutes ago, Bttml00king said:

Thanks @topblkmale. Do you know that the explore fuction can be disabled on Grindr? I have that enabled. Plus, my distance is turned off. He is 10 miles away so I think it is not that easy to find where I am exactly. 

Yes, I'm aware explore and distance can be turned off. I keep these settings disabled when I'm home. I mainly use Grindr when I travel as I am not interested in doing anything with local guys.

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

Yes, I'm aware explore and distance can be turned off. I keep these settings disabled when I'm home. I mainly use Grindr when I travel as I am not interested in doing anything with local guys.

Cool. I do the same too but I cruise in my area. 

With my new account, I set up my profile saying "married DL looking for young guys" I also chose tags matching this 19 yo. My profile has no photo but I set up an album with a random shirtless DILF photo which I have found online. 

I saw this 19 yo online a few hours ago so I decided to hit him up with a hello and my "body" photo album unlocked. He replied right away with "sup" and two same photos that I have seen before - his face and a shirtless without face. I knew I had to be very careful of what I message, definitely no sexting, soliciting for sex, asking or sending nude pics. My goal simply was to get his real age. 

After receiving his message, I relocked my album and replied "chilling here and u?" His reply was "same but bored." Then he asked for my face pic. I ignored his request and proceeded to comment that he looked young and asked if he is really 19. His reply is "yes" 

I then asked him how I can be sure that he didn't lie about his age. He said he is not sure but he can show me his ID before we have sex. 🤣🤣🤣 

I told him that no one has shown me ID before sex and that was my last message which he didn't read and went offline.

I also found it odd that he would send his face pic right away without me asking. That doesn't happen very often with my experiences on Grindr with guys who don't show faces in their profiles. 

Also, does anyone really card or show ID for hookup? I was surprised that he even suggested that. Either he is up for something or is desperate. Perhaps my DILF g-rated photo made him really horny. 🤪

If this guy is simply a 19 yo lost kid, he is really something. Considering what he had done to me, I am not surprised.

Let's see if he will reply after he is online. I will copy one the earlier posts and ask him to send me a photo of his ID (if he thinks I am hot enough. Lol). Probably I will never hear from him again. 

I will sleep better tonight for sure. 

An update and conclusion to this drama. I finally got a photo of his ID which clearly shows his age - 19. 

He did reply when I was off Grindr. He said that he would be the first one to show ID before having sex with me. I messaged him again today. I said hi and asked how things were going. He told me he was bored. I asked if he had no friends to hang with. He said no and he wanted to have a daddy. I asked if he had no daddy and his reply was no. I said sorry to hear that. He then asked me if I could be his daddy. I asked why me and his reply was I was so hot followed by two nude photos - his cock and ass which I have seen. I didn't comment on his photos and proceeded to the ID thing. I told him that I thought of him showing me ID but it would be very risky to meet in person if he was indeed under aged. Then he promised he was 19 and said he would not betray his daddy and I would been mistaken to think he was under 18. I told him that daddy would tell him not to trust what strangers said online. He continued to promise for his age and wanted me to rape him. I continued to ignore his sexting and went on with my quest for his ID. 

I told him that he looked young and I didn't want to get into trouble. I asked him if he could send me a photo of his ID with DOB and face, not his name and address. 

He asked if he could see my face before sending me his ID. I told him that I would send my face after he sent me his ID pic. To my surprise, he said "ok."

Moments later, he sent me his ID pic. I unlocked my album with a face photo (from the same person of body photo which I had sent). I relocked the face album after he had viewed it. After I sent the face pic, I didn't hear from him. A little later, I said "guess I could not be your daddy then" and logged off. That is when he hit the block button and blocked me. 

After our conversation, I really feel sad for this 19 yo. It is such a young age with so much ahead of him but he is reckless. I definitely have learned my lesson and will be VERY VERY VERY careful to hook up online.

Thanks again to those responding and for allowing me to share my experiences. Happy and safe hunting.

Edited by Bttml00king
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1