Good Topics for a First Date 😀

Carlos1881

The illustrious first date can be wrought with a combination of excitement and nervousness, causing you to potentially become tongue-tied and paralyzed when you are sitting across from that hottie not knowing what to say next.

Never fear! Below is a list of potential topics you can have at your disposal should your mind go blank or if one of those horrifying moments of silence occurs.

Do talk about your requirements for a relationship.

Do talk about interests and hobbies.

Do talk about your passions and inquire about his.

Hope this helps guys is there anything you would add ?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts guys 

Carlos 😀

2 hours ago, Carlos1881 said:

Do talk about your requirements for a relationship.

I’m the very, very last person to give anyone advice about dating, but this is what you’d lead with?

I know we barely know each other, but let’s talk about what you need to do to qualify for this relationship. It’s okay, I have a checklist.

It seems to me that one would want to suss out compatibility in a more indirect way. Tastes in music, food, recreation, pets, entertainment, etc. - start by exploring pleasurable, low-risk topics to get a feel. Share a story from childhood. Ask if the person has a favorite object, and why. People-watch and speculate about the lives of those who pass by - this can reveal many attitudes and assumptions.

Politics and religion will have to be assessed at some point, but the first time out of the gate is not that point. Sex, I would think, could be a potential minefield, or not, depending on where you’re going with it and where you want it to go. Me, I would tiptoe if I went there at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One thing I'd throw out there is if you're asked a question on topics listed above, have the courtesy to be curious about the same with the guy your out with. My last date was with a guy that is a little narcissistic and likes to talk about himself. I walked away knowing far more than I should about him and I think he knows my name. If he wasn't hung I probably would have walked away earlier...

• Upvote 1