Summer Time NYC Trips

NYC summer is short. It began last weekend with the Queens Pride Parade and ends with the West Indian Day Parade in Brooklyn Labor Day Weekend.

Only time I would avoid is the UN General session in late September and only if you plan to be in east Midtown.

The Pride parade and July 4th weekend run back to back and is a good time to visit. But yes, summer season is in full swing this year as I noticed the (1) train was PACKED with tourists last week. If you really want to enjoy summer in NYC like a local I would recommend you spend your time in the outer boroughs of Queens or Brooklyn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topblkmale said:

NYC summer is short. It began last weekend with the Queens Pride Parade and ends with the West Indian Day Parade in Brooklyn Labor Day Weekend.

Only time I would avoid is the UN General session in late September and only if you plan to be in east Midtown.

The Pride parade and July 4th weekend run back to back and is a good time to visit. But yes, summer season is in full swing this year as I noticed the (1) train was PACKED with tourists last week. If you really want to enjoy summer in NYC like a local I would recommend you spend your time in the outer boroughs of Queens or Brooklyn.

This. Down to a T. Especially Brooklyn. It's so lively. I used to include the LES and the village/Christopher street in that mix but it's become so gentrified the last 10 - 15 years that it's really not the same unfortunately