royal national or st giles or ??

claracdul

hi all, st giles is my normal venue of choice but for my next session price seems to have jumped vs what i normally pay. 

To the extent that the royal national (near Russell Sq)  - that i have heard good things about but never experienced is around 2/3 the price of st giles  

Anyone give any pointers on Royal National? specifically whether easy access to rooms all night? If not i may just have to stump up the extra for St Giles

or indeed anywhere else central

thanks for any pointers

clara.

x

3 hours ago, claracdul said:

hi all, st giles is my normal venue of choice but for my next session price seems to have jumped vs what i normally pay. 

To the extent that the royal national (near Russell Sq)  - that i have heard good things about but never experienced is around 2/3 the price of st giles  

Anyone give any pointers on Royal National? specifically whether easy access to rooms all night? If not i may just have to stump up the extra for St Giles

or indeed anywhere else central

thanks for any pointers

clara.

x

According to some Tripadvisor reviews a key card is required for the lifts at Royal National and also there are security staff on the door late night. I’ve never stayed there so don’t know if that’s all correct. I know what you mean about St Giles prices they have been very high this year. The last time I got a reasonable priced decent sized room there was in January. I refuse to pay the high prices for those those awful tiny unrefurbished standard rooms. Perhaps some people could begin to recommend a few places again in London as some of the previous information about hotels is quite out of date. I had heard that Central Park Hotel near Queensway Hyde Park can be good but I’ve not tried it yet as prices there have also been this year.