A str8 guy asked me how is it possible to be attracted by men

Sharp-edge

That was an interesting one. He experienced several difficulties in understanding that. I wonder if there are other str8 guys out there wondering the same.. how to put it nicely.. questions.

I told him that there is not a particular trait to look for. You look at someone and you body reacts to it. It's what you see. It can be even what you smell (at least for me, the scent of a man and I don't mean a bad smell but one's natural scent). Based on his thoughts it's hard to like hairy people (so men cannot be liked) and it's also difficult to like "big" people. He meant that in order to be attractive you have to look like a stereotypical woman "smaller" than a man, hairless (I suppose waxing is praised). 

When trying to explain that maybe he should think since women find attractive men, then so can men who like men. But in his minds we're men and so that does not work.

He also asked about sex, whether or not we get erections. I told him that he's a handsome guy and I could fuck him until he gets convinced but he was not up for the challenge.

He then said that he can't be fucked because he's tight (can't recall his wording though). I told him that this is easy to fix.

I'm glad he asked me all these, he tried to understand more. However I do feel his world is shattered because he was thinking men cannot be fucked.

• Moderators

Sounds like you did a good job of explaining as well as possible, given his preconceptions.

I'd have been tempted to say "Of course you don't understand it. If you did you wouldn't be straight, would you?"

Maybe for people with this sort of blinders it would help to direct their attention to the actual evidence in the world around them? Men are willing to have sex with other men despite the risk of imprisonment or execution -- that sounds like a pretty powerful attraction to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

viking8x6

Maybe for people with this sort of blinders it would help to direct their attention to the actual evidence in the world around them? Men are willing to have sex with other men despite the risk of imprisonment or execution -- that sounds like a pretty powerful attraction to me.

The fact that it is recognised by every society tells me it's not that men or women do not choose to be deviant, it is who they are, it's a valuable expression of what a person is. 

3 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

Men are willing to have sex with other men despite the risk of imprisonment or execution -- that sounds like a pretty powerful attraction to me.

I haven't thought of that but that's a very strong argument that could convince people with bricks instead of brains