Condom's hurt. should i try bareback?

JGmax10

As much as i LOVE bareback... i always say this to guys trying it for the first time... make sure that you're happy with the risks and that you accept that you can become HIV+ from just the FIRST BAREBACK EXPERIENCE.

IF you're not entirely happy, then bareback is not for you. Too many guys "try it" and then wind up in a situation they can not reverse and are stuck with it all their lives.

We don't play are bareback... we do bareback, and each time we do the risks are real..

That said.. i would never go back to condoms... they're horrid things. As a top i can not get or maintain a hard on with one on... and as a bottom, i just feel cheated... the guy isn't fucking me... he's fucking a rubber bag that happens to be inside my arse.

Sex with condoms is not sex... it's something else. To me, the ONLY way to fuck, is bareback... and that means accepting all the risks that go with it.

pretty new to the idea. never been seeded, dunno if im looking to. but condoms sting my hole. should i switch to exclusively bareback and if I do what are my chances of staying neg?

Chances of staying neg, especially if you are a bottom? I'd say slim. The guys who take hundreds of loads (or more) and stay neg are the exception, not the norm.

You may be allergic to something in the condoms - either the latex, the lube used, or the spermicide in it - look into some non-latexalternatives.

If you decide to go bare, especially as a bottom : Inform yourself of HIV and Hep C - are you willing to accept these risks? You will probably get other STDs along the way also - will you be comfortable enough to go into your local clinic to get them treated as they appear, or be too filled with shame/guilt to get it dealt with?

Are you willing to accept the impact of HIV on your life - daily meds, increased doctors visits, other STD risks (Hep C seems to only sexually transmitted from sex if you are HIV+). Also, the impact it will have on your dating/love life? Sure, the inhibited sex may seem hot when left as a fantasy in your head, but are you willing to accept the reality of it? It's not necessarily bad - it does complicate things though. Being turned down by HIV- guys who don't want to have sex with HIV+ guys. If you do decide to 'settle down into a monogamous LTR' - finding that 'special someone' that is also 'poz friendly' (or also poz) could be difficult. Do you want a choice made in the heat of the moment, have unexpected consequences later on?

Do you live in a place that has programs to help cover the cost of HIV medication? do you have private insurance to help cover the costs? Your answers to these questions should guide your answer to the 'should I go bare or not'.

Lots of guys (especially on this forum), seem to think of these questions and still say "Yep, going bare is for me". But the simple fact that you are asking "what are my chances of staying neg?" leads me to think that you have not thought this through very well.

and you know, lots of guys seem to say "Becoming poz was the best thing for my sex-life", if anything - I feel as if it has made me more squirrely about it. I still have a great sexlife with my partner - but when it comes to playing outside of the relationship, it seems as if I have more hangups then I did before. Everyone reacts to finding out they are poz differently - and frequently on this forum, the point of view that gets expressed is usually the "fuck yeah, fuck all the things!" - so just giving an opinion from a different point of view.

Edited by tin

As a top i can not get or maintain a hard on with one on... and as a bottom, i just feel cheated... the guy isn't fucking me... he's fucking a rubber bag that happens to be inside my arse.

Sex with condoms is not sex... it's something else. To me, the ONLY way to fuck, is bareback... and that means accepting all the risks that go with it.

you speak just out of my mind :-)

Just one question ; your problem with condoms, is it with the same guy or others? It might be his technique, the amount of lube or foreplay. I had one guy who kept breaking the condoms in me so we gave upon that and just barebacked. Funny though I've never had anyone else break that brand of condoms in the few cases I went safe.

Alaric, perhaps bareback was what he wanted ;)

I find condoms sting my hole after a while with the latex rubbing once the lube disappears - you could lube your hole with a lube shooter so there's plenty in your ass to ensure it doesn't dry out.

Also some lube can sting too. Try others.

Hope that helps.