Experience as a life-long whore

I wanted to get some feedback on something I've been thinking of these last few months. 

I'm 35 and I've come to realize it's been at least a decade since I last "fell in love" and I'm not even sure that's what it even was if I'm being honest. I'm not actively dating and since the pandemic I've become much more active on X/Twitter and on gay sex apps. It's been a really good experience for me. I've really become more secure in my sexual wants, needs & interests in my 30s; I get attention and explore my sexual interestsc with less self judgment and I feel like I've really leveled up my sex life as a result.

The thing I'm wondering, is that maybe I shouldn't expect to fall in love in my lifetime, or at least in my immediate future.  I'm having fun, yes, but I often find myself thinking maybe I should be pumping the breaks and  begin settling down. I understand the benefits of having a partner and that is something to consider but I've never been a hopeless romantic. Never had in a phase where I want a man crave being in a romantic relationship and I'm okay with that. I feel satisfied with my status quo but I also don't know if I'll reflect on this part of my life and see that I had a false sense of comfortability.

Don't get me wrong, I love having fun but I'd like to ask you guys about your experience. Do you regret not settling down early? I always thought in the back of my mind that maybe some people are destined to be "hoes for life" and there's nothing wrong with that from my point of view. I find myself on that path and have honestly thought this about myself. Not in a derogatory way but just as a matter of fact. Tbh I don't know what I'm missing in terms of finding love since I don't think I've ever experienced it, so I feel pretty neutral about it being partnered myself. I know I'll lose my looks one day but I want to know what being promiscuous is like past 55? I guess I just want to know what I could potentially be in for 😂.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 8:37 PM, socalbttm said:

I wanted to get some feedback on something I've been thinking of these last few months. 

I'm 35 and I've come to realize it's been at least a decade since I last "fell in love" and I'm not even sure that's what it even was if I'm being honest. I'm not actively dating and since the pandemic I've become much more active on X/Twitter and on gay sex apps. It's been a really good experience for me. I've really become more secure in my sexual wants, needs & interests in my 30s; I get attention and explore my sexual interestsc with less self judgment and I feel like I've really leveled up my sex life as a result.

The thing I'm wondering, is that maybe I shouldn't expect to fall in love in my lifetime, or at least in my immediate future.  I'm having fun, yes, but I often find myself thinking maybe I should be pumping the breaks and  begin settling down. I understand the benefits of having a partner and that is something to consider but I've never been a hopeless romantic. Never had in a phase where I want a man crave being in a romantic relationship and I'm okay with that. I feel satisfied with my status quo but I also don't know if I'll reflect on this part of my life and see that I had a false sense of comfortability.

Don't get me wrong, I love having fun but I'd like to ask you guys about your experience. Do you regret not settling down early? I always thought in the back of my mind that maybe some people are destined to be "hoes for life" and there's nothing wrong with that from my point of view. I find myself on that path and have honestly thought this about myself. Not in a derogatory way but just as a matter of fact. Tbh I don't know what I'm missing in terms of finding love since I don't think I've ever experienced it, so I feel pretty neutral about it being partnered myself. I know I'll lose my looks one day but I want to know what being promiscuous is like past 55? I guess I just want to know what I could potentially be in for 😂.

I met my husband when I was 50....  We've had a sexually open relationship the whole time and so my answer to you is, you'll be you....  Enjoy it.

• Like 1

all i can say is that no one gets to have it all.

i too sometimes wondered if being slutty prevented me from finding love earlier but i think not. the two most significant relationships that have shaped my life both started out as random guys crushing me at the gym. 

when i married i was more than happy to get off the merry go round and settle down. but once divorced, although im glad i did what i did, the one regret i have is that i wasn't still whoring around during the marriage. 

if lightning does strike twice for me, i have a hard time believing i'd go back to monogamy 

• Like 1