What is with hook-up sites/apps?

5 hours ago, ccmmss said:

Bathouse are perfect if there is one in the area. Unfortunatly they are getting fewer. Maybe.... somehow.... new ones will open some day.

I love bathhouses for this reason, in most cities. There are unfortunately exceptions, there are a few cities where large numbers of guys go to bathhouses to hang out, socialize and/or look for Mr Right, and when enough of them are there for reasons other than hooking up for a quick suck or fuck, they create enough signal interference that they become cock blockers, just like they do on the hookup apps. Even more unfortunately the bathhouses have actively tried to attract the guys with non-sexually interests, to get paying customers in the door. I almost made the mistake of going to a spa night on Saturday, I forgot about it and realized something was up when I couldn't find a parking space, while the crowd is huge, it is a frustratingly sexless event.

Since I've never sought it out, are there not gay dating apps out there? I know locally for me guys looking for non-sexual activities are on all of the apps, but guys looking for a buddy to hang out with have pretty much commandeered Doublist, and A4A is almost entirely guys looking for LTR. The apps that haven't attracted guys looking for something other than sex have become ghost towns here in Portland. 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 8:23 PM, BBArchangel said:

For me, across the gamut of apps, I’m getting Russians. They’re all gorgeous, all young, all desperate to escape before they get drafted. And all looking for that total interest-killing “long-term relationship. Or words to that effect. All I have to do is help them get to America. “And do you have an account on Telegram?”

You are not the only one.  I had the same situation. I live in Saint Petersburg, Fl, not Saint Petersburg, Russia.  Some of these guys are young enough to be my son.  They immediately start calling me "my love" and talking about getting travel documents.  I initially agreed to give out my gmail account which was a mistake.  I had met him on adam4adam, and then later he told me could not communicate that way, since he had created that account at a hotel he worked at.  He eventually deleted that (along with the dick pics) and started sending black and white, g pics to my gmail account.

When I told him I was NOT interested in a relationship with him, wow, did his tone change.  It was as if I were talking to a different person, the entire previous conversations seemed to be scripted.  But not the last one, that was nasty.  Funny, I blocked him on gmail and maybe six months later, he created another gmail account, and contacted me.  I didn't bother to even give him a second of my time, I just blocked him.  It seems to be a recurring problem....