Next unread topic

Am I alone in my frustration with this function?

Pressing it often takes me (not to a new and unread story/topic), but instead to the unread pages of a story I started reading but never finished (for whatever reason). Even worse, if the story in question has multiple pages, I have to clear each one, before hopping the 'next unread topic' really is that.... a story I've never looked at before!

I'm not an IT expert, but it can't be that hard to fix this 'bug' (forgive the pun)?

• Moderators

As the tooltip says, it takes you to the next topic in the forum that has content you haven't read yet. That's so it's easy to find (in the forum) stories or topics that have new chapters or comments/discussion.

If you just want to find brand new topics, it works better to use sort tool in a forum index and sort by start date.

For what it's worth, all of this functionality is provided by a rather antiquated third-party software platform, so we don't actually have much control over what bugs/features they decide to fix.

Then perhaps:

• the 'button' should be renamed to 'Next Unread Page' rather than 'Next Unread Topic'?,

and

• should be duplicated at the top (in addition to the bottom) of each page, to avoid the need to scroll down every time?

12 hours ago, Knightfalconer said:

Then perhaps:

• the 'button' should be renamed to 'Next Unread Page' rather than 'Next Unread Topic'?,

and

• should be duplicated at the top (in addition to the bottom) of each page, to avoid the need to scroll down every time?

AGAIN: To quote Viking8x6: 

On 6/11/2024 at 8:13 AM, viking8x6 said:

For what it's worth, all of this functionality is provided by a rather antiquated third-party software platform, so we don't actually have much control over what bugs/features they decide to fix.

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.