[iBLASTinside] Question & Answer: How to Ask a Bareback Top About STDs

Feeder

To see iBLASTinside's original blog post, click here...

Posted in barebackcumdeceptionfuckQuestion and Answer

Q.pngSince you’re obviously so bareback-savvy and articulate, I wonder if you’d mind my asking you a question.

Let me say that i wholeheartedly agree with you that introducing a layer of latex between two men who are doing what men do is just wrong.

That said, there is the reality of STDs, which, in an ideal world, would not exist. What is the best, most appropriate, respectful, way to raise the issue of STDs with a man with whom one is negotiating bareback sex?

Fact #1 (in my case): I’m STD-free (HIV negative, hepatitis a/b/c neg, etc.) *and tested regularly and (sadly) not overly sexually active.

Fact #2: I’m a bottom. hardwired. Sex for me isn’t sex unless there is a man’s dick up my ass. Generally speaking, when I ask a top (who has stated an interest in breeding me) about his STD status, more often than not I’ll get a defensive (or hostile) response suggesting that either (a) i shouldn’t be asking the question; (B) I should be assuming that he’s positive (for whatever); or © everyone who barebacks is positive (for whatever), and so on.

Is there no place in bareback sex circles for us negative guys?

A.pngOf course there’s a place for all bottoms. So let’s break it down a bit.

If you’re making the tops defensive or hostile, you’re offending them*— probably coming off as a bossy bottom.

If you’re on BarebackRT.com or other such hook-up websites, you will see a status as far as HIV if they’ve chosen to answer the question (and answer it honestly). Of course, this fails to go further into the whole STD panel. And I’d say getting an honest answer is one of odds.

I’ll be honest here. If a bottom asks me, “Are you poz?” I’ll analyze the motivations of the question tone and usually turn it around and ask “Why” he’s asking. If a bottom asks, “Will you poz my ass?” that’s a completely different question, so I’ll probably suggest that charging him up would be a result.

A question like, “Are you clean?” will get me to say I am.

In other words, I mold my response to the motivation of the question. My ultimate goal is to get the ass I’m pursing.

Men are pigs*— top, bottom or otherwise. Counting on an honest answer will leave you with an empty hole, as I’m sure the result already has. Moreover, the*indiscretion or just plain sluttiness of men will lead them to lie more often than not.

So where does it leave us?

Largely with gut instinct. I’d suggest, “Quick question, are you clean? I am.” Or, “guaranteed clean hole here, hopefully you are” and see what he responds to that.

Then choose based on what you feel in your gut.

After the question and the response, then move on. Don’t ask any more and cede control back to the top. No one likes a bossy bottom… well, almost no one.

Related posts:

Will It Get Better? Really?

I've written a new page on my bullying experience that ended up costing me a job... You can view it here.The really s...

Shaggy Lad Shag

Craigslist can be real hit or miss here lately, especially with some assholes flagging any hint of barebacking. But I posted ...

Does Sperm Enhance Your Mood? Straight Surgeon Finds Cum Contains 'Mood Enhancers'

A top surgeon was forced to resign from the American College of Surgeons after a controversial Valentine's Day editorial in w...

More...

• 2 years later...

I just want to say that by including your own status in the first statement, you generally earn the respect of the person you are asking. But most people I have known objext to the term clean since it suggests that anyone positive or with any other std is somehow "dirty" not in a sexy but an inferior way. I am surprised if you have not encountered this response.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.