Male Country Music artists are hot despite the boring themes

hungry_hole

I'm sure it's not only me, but I find most Country Music artists on TV extremely hot: masculine, mid-late 20's and 30's, some hot early 40's, they dress sexy and most times they show a nice package thru their jeans.

But their music theme (only one) is really boring: boy meets girl...yawn...There are some exceptions and sometimes they don't include in the story the predictable blond young woman.

Absolutely right, Hungry_hole. However physically hot the male CM singers are, I almost invariably find the subject matter and the style of their music to be vapid. Yeah, I know, criticism, based purely on the genre of art, is generally not going to have much standing (outside of those who happen to share the critic's opinion), but I still don't have to like the genre. Your remark reminds me of a recent experience I had: somewhat against my inclination, I went to the Indianapolis 500 this past May. Truth be known, I had (and have) no interest in automobile racing, and consequently I could have been bored out of my mind - but like your appreciation of the physical attractiveness of the male CM singers, I found a goodly number of my fellow attendees at the Indy 500 to be eminently worthy of my prurient attention, and, for that matter, certain aspects of an automobile zipping around a track at 150 MPH can fascinating, particularly for those like me who move in much, much slower circles, even when in the final analysis, automobile racing is not my cup of tea.

• 1 month later...