What you do when someone you don't like contacts you in a sex site/app?

vrsbbltn

Not to condone rude behaviour, but some sites limit the number of messages a user can send receive if they aren't a paying member.  If you're the recipient on those sites, I can see why you wouldn't want to waste too many messages saying "no thanks", especially to someone who doesn't get the hint.

I admit, I'm guilty of the passive-aggressive method of responding with "thanks", but not inviting a question in return to continue the conversation.  If I'm on the receiving end of that, I take the hint.

• Like 2

Interesting discussion here. I'm still firmly in the "ignore" camp. I recently had a guy write me a second time after I ignored his first message. I responded with "sorry not interested". He wrote back "why?". And I replied "I don't owe you an explanation." (I said that because I didn't want to insult his looks). My new rule now is, if a guy writes me twice in a short window of time, he's getting blocked.

Just like I don't feel obligated to engage a telemarketer who contacts me, I don't feel obligated to go out of my way to make people I don't know feel good about being rejected by me.

Getting a tepid "thanks" or an outright rejection from a guy is far harder on my ego than being ignored. No answer is an answer. I wish more of these chat sites had a way of making people "disappear" from my view and me from their view once it's determined we are not a match.

I suddenly feel more empathy for women who have to deal with this type of stuff online and in public from men they are not interested in. It's exhausting.

1 hour ago, bbzh said:

Interesting discussion here. I'm still firmly in the "ignore" camp. I recently had a guy write me a second time after I ignored his first message. I responded with "sorry not interested". He wrote back "why?". And I replied "I don't owe you an explanation." (I said that because I didn't want to insult his looks). My new rule now is, if a guy writes me twice in a short window of time, he's getting blocked.

Just like I don't feel obligated to engage a telemarketer who contacts me, I don't feel obligated to go out of my way to make people I don't know feel good about being rejected by me.

Getting a tepid "thanks" or an outright rejection from a guy is far harder on my ego than being ignored. No answer is an answer. I wish more of these chat sites had a way of making people "disappear" from my view and me from their view once it's determined we are not a match.

I suddenly feel more empathy for women who have to deal with this type of stuff online and in public from men they are not interested in. It's exhausting.

That's the problem some guys don't take hints and will chew you out no matter if you ignore or if you say No respectfully

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest FinalDL2021

I am finding that there is a correlation between being contacted by guys I don't like, and them not having a completely filled out profiles; my only dating app, at this time is BBRT.

Just the other day, I had a guy contact me, his profile was full of Ask me, ask me. and I was really not that interested anyway. I kindly told him, I was not interested, and that he should work on filling out his profile better. He replied with a few unkind words, and I just ended up blocking him.

Guest Memphian

Like a couple of other guys have said, I will rarely turn down any guy with a hard cock who wants to fuck me.  I will however, turn someone down who wants to flip fuck or who seems to take an interest in my dick.  Also, guys whose profiles indicate condoms only.  

Usually, if I am just honest about those things they respect that.  I will just say, "Sorry, I never top and don't want my dick sucked," or "Sorry, but I only fuck raw but respect your insistence on condoms. "  

I also can't stand guys who pressure me.  I have other relationships, family and social, a job with considerable responsibility, and other commitments.  Finding time to get my hole prepared to fuck, and to get away for a while, often takes some advance planning.   I had one guy recently on Squirt in whom I was really interested.  He wouldn't leave me alone about setting something up.  Early on I said something like, "I definitely want to get together but can't discuss right now.  Get back to you tomorrow."   The next day the I had a shitty day at the office, then some family commitments and he got all pissy because he had't heard from me.   So I had to be more blunt with him and say something like, "Look, I'm just looking for someone to fuck me on occasion when I can get free, but I'm not interested in any sort of relationship beyond that and certainly no commitments, so I think we can both agree this isn't going to work out."  Did not hear from him again.

When I am on Grindr I often put up a "only chat" status line with more in profile saying that I am just chatting. Mostly because I find it hard to just meet someone and I like to chat a bit first. I suffer with anxiety and need to chat in order to get horny enough to say "let's do it" lol

I am honest in that I am not promising sex and find it annoying when someone messages saying "wanna fuck, where are you". If they come over with that as in intro I just ignore them, as they haven't taken the time to read my profile so why should I take time to answer back.

Sometimes I am already chatting and if it looks promising then I tend to ignore others because I can't run more than one or two conversations at a time lol

Maybe I am just rude, idk