Benefits and Side Effects of Sex

bb1991

(other than the obvious risks of STDs)

Does anyone know any health benefits or negative side effects of sex?

I remember reading a while ago that anal sex and the prostate stimulation reduced the chance of prostate cancer (I hope it said reduced and not increased lol)

I also read that cum, swallowed or absorbed anally (and vaginally for women) improved mood and had an anti-depressant effect

On the negative side, I remember reading that for women vaginal semen absorption increased the risk of cervical cancer

The fact that anal sex is supposed to reduce the risk of prostate cancer got me wondering whether it had an effect on colon or bowel cancers - they are obviously both areas stimulated during sex, like the prostate.... hence me wondering...

Would be nice to know I'm doing myself some good whilst having fun ;)

Anyone else got any other benefits/side effects?

Web links would be good :)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I was wondering the same thing and found this on wikipedia, it is about woman but I'd bet its the same for men:

"In addition to its central role in reproduction, some studies have made claims that semen may have certain beneficial effects on human health:

Antidepressant: One study suggested that vaginal absorption of semen could act as an antidepressant; the study compared two groups of women, one of which used condoms and the other did not.[15][16]

Cancer prevention: Studies suggested that seminal plasma might reduce breast cancer by "not less than 50 percent."[17][18] This effect is attributed to its glycoprotein and selenium content, with apoptosis being induced by TGF-Beta. A related urban legend parodied these findings and claimed that performing fellatio at least three times a week reduced the risk of breast cancer.[19]

Preeclampsia prevention: It has been hypothesized that substances in semen condition a mother's immune system to accept the "foreign" proteins found in sperm as well as the resulting fetus and placenta, keeping blood pressure low and thereby reducing the risk of preeclampsia. A study shows that oral sex and swallowing semen may help make a woman's pregnancy safer and more successful, because she is absorbing her partner's antigens.[20]

Increased libido: Another hypothesis has emerged that absorption of the testosterone contained in semen through a woman's vaginal walls during sexual intercourse (or even through the act of swallowing semen) may increase her sex drive."

This article is from back in 2008:

Frequent masturbation may help men cut their risk of contracting prostate cancer, Australian researchers have found. It is believed that carcinogens may build up in the prostate if men do not ejaculate regularly, BBC News reported on Wednesday. The researchers surveyed more than 1,000 men who had developed prostate cancer, and 1,250 men who had not. They found that men who had ejaculated the most between the ages of 20 and 50 were the least likely to get cancer. Men who ejaculated more than five times each week were a third less likely to develop prostate cancer.

Sexual intercourse may not have the same effect because of the higher risk of contracting a sexually transmitted disease, which could in turn raise the risk of cancer. "Had we been able to remove ejaculations associated with sexual intercourse, there should have been an even stronger protective effect of ejaculations," Graham Giles of the Cancer Council Victoria, who led the researchers, said in the article.

The prostate produces a fluid that is incorporated into ejaculation, which activates sperm and prevents them from sticking together. Studies on animals have shown that carcinogens like 3-methylchloranthrene can be harbored in the prostate. Frequent ejaculation encourages the cancer-inducing fluids to "flush out." (The Advocate)

You can get HPV Human Papilloma Virus which is an STD that can lead to anal cancer.

Everyone should be tested for anal cancer. It's just 2 tiny brushes that are inserted and collect a sample (you can't enema before it or have anal sex or use a dildo for 24 hours before) Mine was negative, sometimes you get a false positive and a further test has to be done.

Sex does have good properties that relieve you of stress and make you feel better.

Edited by Pig Bottom

Guest JizzDumpWI

Benefits as other have said, we just feel better. I can't explain why one cum load in my ass INCREASES my hunger for another. But not in a bad way. Might be just the good feelings from endorphins???

Downside is well known. We can catch things that left untreated can kill us. But "left untreated" are for me the operative words. Lots of other things can kill us as well....