Thinking about converting. Want REAL input, not horned up nonsense.

I'm a 25 y/o bi guy. Recently ended a long hetero relationship and been thinking a lot about converting lately. Been gangbred a couple of times and although I haven't been tested I'm pretty sure I'm still neg. To be honest I'm a bit confused about where I go from here. I feel like I've never fully given my gay side a chance, maybe because I'm scared of how much of a pigslut it could make me. Are there any poz guys married to women out there who could give me a sense of perspective? I need cock and cum but want to have a wife and kids too one day and I just feel like the chances of both are slim so I might as well commit to one or the other but I have no knowlege of whats its like to be poz so no way to make a clear decision. Any helpful responses are greatly appreciated.

The "not horned up nonsense" answer is STAY NEG. You have your whole life ahead of you. 25 is too young to already have The Gift.

I say just chill and take things as they come. Don't worry so much about what COULD happen. As a human, you have free will, meaning no one's going to put a gun to your head and say, "Be a fucking whore!" if you choose to play with guys.

I understand your reservations, but sex, in general, doesn't ruin your life and consume you completely once you give in to your curiosity. (I can't say the same for heroin or chem sessions, though.) However, if you intentionally seek out HIV and let your viral load get out of control, your life WILL revolve around your lovely case of full-blown AIDS.

I'm a 25 y/o bi guy. Recently ended a long hetero relationship and been thinking a lot about converting lately. Been gangbred a couple of times and although I haven't been tested I'm pretty sure I'm still neg. To be honest I'm a bit confused about where I go from here. I feel like I've never fully given my gay side a chance, maybe because I'm scared of how much of a pigslut it could make me. Are there any poz guys married to women out there who could give me a sense of perspective? I need cock and cum but want to have a wife and kids too one day and I just feel like the chances of both are slim so I might as well commit to one or the other but I have no knowlege of whats its like to be poz so no way to make a clear decision. Any helpful responses are greatly appreciated.

The obvious question is: do you WANT to convert or is it just something that keeps nagging in the back of your mind, which would most likely be a symptom of your general abiguity with regard to your sexuality.

The thing is: This is a sex forum. Someone who wants to have sex with you will never be completely open about his personal reality, as he wants to present himself in the most fuckable light possible.

Also I don't think written accounts of other guys experiences with being poz will help you much. The thing is: humans adapt and the thoughts expressed in written accounts are a result of that. If you were to get infected you too would find some way to deal with the changes in your life as a sort of fait accompli. But that doesn't mean you would necessarily choose (all of) these changes on their own merits. Better to get some real life poz friends (not fuckbuddies) and see for yourself.

While having healthy kids is certainly possible - with both HIV- and HIV+ female partners - due to modern medicine, finding the right partner while being poz is far more complicated in the heterosexual world (and it isn't always easy for marriage-minded gay guys as well, because many of the monogamous, long-term-oriented guys tend to be neg). What makes it even more complicated is the fact that other than with heterosexual poz men, it is possible that a female partner would associate your HIV with your bisexuality. The number of women who would go for that is severely limited.

In short: If you don't know anything about being poz, find some person in real life, who ideally shares your background, to talk to. If you want to keep your options open, don't rush into things. That goes for HIV as well as for getting a wife and kids. For the time being: just stay neg and single. Choosing one side in order to suppress the other never works. It will fuck you up psychologically. Just take your time. You can explore your gay side without intentionally seeking HIV (if it happens to you anyway, well, then it's bad luck and as said before, you will learn to adapt).

Sex should be fun and as long as noone gets hurt, you have every right and opportunity to experiment. However, if sex causes you tension and leads to obsessive behaviour, you should consider getting professional help.

Edited by GermanFucker

Guest JizzDumpWI

Or are you believing that gay bb sex inevitably leads to poz? There are exceptions but for the most part converting is less easy than you may think.

I understand bb sex doesn't inevitably lead to becoming poz. I've never really had sex with condoms, I find it extremely uncomfortable and therefore don't enjoy it so I've been bbing since day one. I have partied on tina and g during gangbangs before and absolutely love the even bigger whore that I become when I'm flying high.

One of my first questions is...can you afford to be POZ? Med's will cost you over $20,000 a year--less if you have insurance, but you will still pay a large percentage with todays benefit packages. Then, remember that every 3 and 6 months, you will have to pay for labs...maybe upwards of $400 - $600... if you don't have insurance (also likely a percentage if it is covered/deductables.etc.). Now, if you think that you can get the meds for FREE (entittlements/SSI) or completely through your insurance...just think if you get too sick, loose your job, and then can't pay for any of it. At that point, you are stuck with public assistance, and that too, could dry up in the next couple of years. And even if you have a good medical plan now, it can go to shit fast...and you are at the mercy of the state, federal, or local government for your meds, care, and housing. And again, that is assuming that you are not resistant to any of the medications--or allergic to them...which can be a whole new issue to face.

GermanFucker makes a very forceful arguement. As does boiznuts. The not horned up nonsense is to stay NEG, and do the things that would allow you to do that. If your desire is to have a wife and kids, the most logical way to do that is to play safe until you are in a committed hetero relationship. It needs trust, honesty, etc. That is the only fair approach for someone you love enough to want to settle down with and have kids. Most certainly a rewarding life.

In reading your post, it seems that you have some ambiguity about your sexual identity. Until that is sorted out, reallly sorted out, it would be a wise choice, and it is a choice, to remain neg.

Converting to POZ changes things. And it is not a decision to take lightly. poz, proud, know my gifter here. no regrets. but it was a clear eyed decision on my part.

I would be more concerned about the long term effects of 'partying' with tina, g and other chems. they can really fuck up your life, and not just your sex life.

Not sure if this helped. Just my thoughts.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Or, work now to start a Truvada regimen (you may have to convince your primary care doc that your "partner" is poz). But it is an approved "preventative" that can lessen (but not eliminate) your risk of sero converting. Find a local STD clinic, and get into a quarterly habit of a full STD panel. Get used to how that feels since, if you do convert, you'll be used to regular blood draws. And it gives you the benefit of trying to stay ahead of the plethora of STDs out there, which you are hugely more likely to catch than HIV.

i'm 25 bro and just fuck lots of raw asses. Love it. i'm still neg but i'll convert anytime. I dont even think about it. Go for it bro. Seriously its the best rush in the world everytime I fuck a raw poz hole.

I think it boils down to the following notes:

- Can you afford it such a life style financially?

- Can you follow a strict regime of pills, tests and the like?

- Will being poz affect your future plans you may have in front of you?

- Will being poz make those future plans very hard or unobtainable?

Even if you do decide you want to be a total slut and just suck and fuck all day, I highly doubt converting is the only option you have. There are a lot of calm and non horned up nonsense in here. Not sure about you but I'm certainly taking down notes.

TBH if he goes in asking for Truvada because he can't stop thinking about how he's going to get AIDS from gay sex, he might just walk out with some Valium and a referral to talk to a psychologist...Better work on your acting skills with the "POZ partner" story, OP :cool: