"Untreatable" gonorrhea

dawsonfan

what is gonorrhea like I never had or any other std for that mater and was wondering what its like

IT HURTS!

Everyone just thinks its a drippy dick (nasty discharge), but your balls hurt and there's pain in your cock. And it really hurts to pee or cum.

Someone told me Anal Gonnoreah was even more painful and that they have anal discharge with it.

It's bad enough as it is, but untreated the infection spreads, causes abscesses and all sorts of problems for the joints and heart.

Either way. It's not something I'd want to be "stuck" with

• 3 years later...

I've been wondering about this for a long time. There have been many articles about this drug-resistant gonorrhea, but I have yet to hear about anyone who has caught it. Anyone here have some real experience with it (including knowing someone who has caught it)? I think I dread this as much, if not more, than HIV.

I've been wondering about this for a long time. There have been many articles about this drug-resistant gonorrhea, but I have yet to hear about anyone who has caught it. Anyone here have some real experience with it (including knowing someone who has caught it)? I think I dread this as much, if not more, than HIV.

I copied and pasted this from the CDC website on current standards and treatments:

"The epidemiology of antimicrobial resistance guides decisions about gonococcal treatment recommendations and has evolved because of shifts in antimicrobial resistance patterns. In 2007, emergence of fluoroquinolone-resistant N. gonorrhoeaein the United States prompted CDC to cease recommending fluoroquinolones for treatment of gonorrhea, leaving cephalosporins as the only remaining class of antimicrobials available for treatment of gonorrhea in the United States (539). Reflecting concern about emerging gonococcal resistance, CDC’s 2010 STD treatment guidelines recommended dual therapy for gonorrhea with a cephalosporin plus either azithromycin or doxycycline, even if NAAT for C. trachomatis was negative at the time of treatment (1). However, during 2006–2011, the minimum concentrations of cefixime needed to inhibit in vitro growth of the N. gonorrhoeae strains circulating in the United States and many other countries increased, suggesting that the effectiveness of cefixime might be waning (118,540). In addition, treatment failures with cefixime or other oral cephalosporins have been reported in Asia (541-544), Europe (545-549), South Africa (550), and Canada (551,552). Ceftriaxone treatment failures for pharyngeal infections have been reported in Australia (553,554), Japan (555), and Europe (556,557).CDC no longer recommends the routine use of cefixime as a first-line regimen for treatment of gonorrhea in the United States (540). In addition, U.S. gonococcal strains with elevated MICs to cefixime also are likely to be resistant to tetracyclines but susceptible to azithromycin (540). Consequently, only one regimen, dual treatment with ceftriaxone and azithromycin, is recommended for treatment of gonorrhea in the United States. CDC (http://www.cdc.gov/std/gisp) and state health departments can provide the most current information on gonococcal susceptibility."

Hmm. That seems to confirm my feeling (or wishful thinking) that this is overblown. What's your opinion, TSG? Do you know anyone who has gotten stubborn gonorrhea?

I've had the regular type a couple of times, and it was very unpleasant. I had put toilet paper in my underwear to absorb all the greenish discharge that was dripping out of my cock. LOL! :D Being like that for an extended period of time would be unbearable.