Embarrasment for the Vatican.

Bbikercub

http://ind.pn/12Jhmp2

"As cardinals gather to elect Pope, Catholic officials break into a sweat over news that priests share €23m building with huge gay sauna"

"A day ahead of the papal conclave, faces at the scandal-struck Vatican were even redder than usual after it emerged that the Holy See had purchased a €23 million (£21 million) share of a Rome apartment block that houses Europe’s biggest gay sauna.

The senior Vatican figure sweating the most due to the unlikely proximity of the gay Europa Multiclub is probably Cardinal Ivan Dias, the head of the Congregation for Evangelisation of Peoples, who is due to participate in tomorrow’s election at the Sistine Chapel.

This 76-year-old “prince of the church” enjoys a 12-room apartment on the first-floor of the imposing palazzo, at 2 Via Carducci, just yards from the ground floor entrance to the steamy flesh pot. There are 18 other Vatican apartments in the block, many of which house priests."

For the rest of the article hit the link above.

Love it when shit like this happens.

In the past 15 years or so I've been in that particular bath house twice, and have found it to be a rather nice facility, and yes, I have some happy recollections of my visits. That point aside, although certainly one would think the Cardinal and the whoever purchased (or rented) the other apartments for the Vatican might have done a better job at vetting the locale, it's also true that that section of Rome is among the best in the City. The American Embassy, other major embassies and the palace of the Italian President are only a few blocks away, so I'm not surprised the Cardinal and the other apartments owned (or rented) by the Vatican are in that neighborhood. What's more surprising is that a bath house is located in that neighborhood.

Just another example of how the Vatican is so miss managed. No one knows what the hell is going on. The cardinals don't know whether to wind their watches or scratch their asses. And the sad part is after all of this is over and a new Pope is elected nothing will change. There will still be homo priests and there will still be pedophile priests and there will probably still be lesbian nuns. And they want us catholics to support the church? I don't think so. The Vatican can sell off a couple of their art pieces and have enough money to go on for years.