how far apart should the points be for a sling

deviant78

Guest JizzDumpWI

For mine, I have them 36" apart side to side and 78" end to end. I've tried other combos but for me, this seems to work the best. Google should help you to convert inches to centimeters.

• Administrators

How much does the ceiling height change things? I've got an area in my cellar I'd love to install a sling - there's a cool arched brick ceiling right in that area, but at it's highest point it's probably less than 7 feet high and then it slopes down from there. I've also wondered if the sloping would be a problem since the chains would be different lengths and it wouldn't swing quite uniformly...

Guest JizzDumpWI
How much does the ceiling height change things? I've got an area in my cellar I'd love to install a sling - there's a cool arched brick ceiling right in that area, but at it's highest point it's probably less than 7 feet high and then it slopes down from there. I've also wondered if the sloping would be a problem since the chains would be different lengths and it wouldn't swing quite uniformly...
Mine is an 8 foot ceiling. But I would not change it much if at all for a 7' ceiling...

it will change it to a certain degree, as long as the back chains are in equal length and the front chains are in equal length it will swing uniformly but if there all different lengths that might be a problem. we live in an attic with 20ft at the highest point and 7ft at lowest so back chains will have to be longer than front. you could try securing a level cross bar to the ceiling to hang chains from. a swing is always an option. good luck with the challenge though fella

Guest JizzDumpWI

Hmmm, guess I should check "slings dot com".... LOL. At least with mine, it was left to do trial and error/success. For a time I had them splayed out on each side, but the movement is better with points just a little bit wider than the sling itself. As far as front to back points; for me it was really where the joists were.