infection in the ass but not an std - what do I do?

Re: urgent care facilities. If your resources permit, they'll generally accept cash up front. In many cases, the costs are pretty reasonable (many cater to working class people with no health insurance), less than $100. For many STDs, generic antibiotics, which are also inexpensive, will do the trick. As an added bonus, if your state has regressive reporting requirements, urgent care facilities can offer a way to obtain treatment without having the state violate your privacy.

Re: potential infections, it's possible it may not be sexual at all. I know that when I start getting symptoms, my first thought is generally that it's an STD. But I've been wrong about that before. There may be irritation from an infection like C. difficile or Cryptosporidium or Giardia (they commonly cause gas, bloating, diarrhea, frequent bowel movements, etc., which may make it hard to keep things clean down there, which can cause the irritation). These infections can actually be made worse by antibiotics (because the "good bacteria" in your gut may be killed off by the medication, allowing the invader space to grow). Once the STDs have been ruled out, talk to your doctor about getting a fecal test done for these guys.