infection in the ass but not an std - what do I do?

I've been having a lot of itching and burning in my ass, so I went into the STD clinic for a test on Tuesday. While I was there, I asked them to look at this particularly sensitive spot just outside my ass. The nurse said it was a fungal infection and to put antifungal cream on it. I did that for three days.

Thursday, they called me back saying i had gonorrhea - but it was in my throat, not my ass. I asked again about my ass, by now bleeding and super hurting. A second nurse came in and said it was an infection, but not fungal and needed antibiotics. He said I had to go to a doctor for that, and promised me a list of referrals.

He came back out with a list in which none of the resources actually applied to me, and none would be open weekends anyway.

Because of my work schedule, the soonest I can get in to see my primary care doctor is Wednesday. It's also $160 to see her, which I don't have right now, but she could bill me. I have all weekend free but no doctors are open. Would it be reasonable to go to the ER for something like this? I mean, it hurts everytime I walk, and itches like crazy. And I've got the time to wait. But, work is really gonna suck if I'm constantly worried about my anal pain instead of what I'm supposed to be doing.

And what can I do for self-care for an infected anal area? Warm water baths? Epsom salts? Neosporin? steroid cream? etc?

And is this something that was caused by anal sex, or is it just that it happens to be in that area?

Any advice for me would be fabulous, or emotional support, or hugs, or even just sharing some experience of yours that this reminds you of...

Take a sick day on Monday (even a half-day), and go see a doctor. I wouldn't go to the ER unless you start seriously bleeding or have severe pain or become weak/ill (basically only go if it becomes an actual emergency situation and you honestly cannot wait for a normal doctor visit). Not being mean; ER will cost more for you, and you don't need to be causing the ER waiting time to be longer for people who truly do need EMERGENCY care. But waiting for Wednesday seems really, really stupid (why suffer for two extra days? why put your self at risk for fucking things up at your job?).

As for tips on taking care of things over the weekend:

-Bathe a lot, keep your backside clean (no enemas though).

-Eat healthy foods that will help your body fight off the infection but won't agravate your sensitive insides

-I'm not sure if pain killers like tylenol reduce itchy sensations, but might ask at the pharmacy (if you hve one open on weekends)

-I find warm (almost hot) water helps relieve itching, so a hot bath maybe?

Edited by whiteslutbttm

Guest JizzDumpWI
I've been having a lot of itching and burning in my ass, so I went into the STD clinic for a test on Tuesday. While I was there, I asked them to look at this particularly sensitive spot just outside my ass. The nurse said it was a fungal infection and to put antifungal cream on it. I did that for three days.

Thursday, they called me back saying i had gonorrhea - but it was in my throat, not my ass. I asked again about my ass, by now bleeding and super hurting. A second nurse came in and said it was an infection, but not fungal and needed antibiotics. He said I had to go to a doctor for that, and promised me a list of referrals.

He came back out with a list in which none of the resources actually applied to me, and none would be open weekends anyway.

Because of my work schedule, the soonest I can get in to see my primary care doctor is Wednesday. It's also $160 to see her, which I don't have right now, but she could bill me. I have all weekend free but no doctors are open. Would it be reasonable to go to the ER for something like this? I mean, it hurts everytime I walk, and itches like crazy. And I've got the time to wait. But, work is really gonna suck if I'm constantly worried about my anal pain instead of what I'm supposed to be doing.

And what can I do for self-care for an infected anal area? Warm water baths? Epsom salts? Neosporin? steroid cream? etc?

And is this something that was caused by anal sex, or is it just that it happens to be in that area?

Any advice for me would be fabulous, or emotional support, or hugs, or even just sharing some experience of yours that this reminds you of...

Your description sounds more like herpes than an infection. How has your symptom progressed since Thursday?

• Administrators

Find an "urgent care" facility near you. They're where you go when you need to see someone now, but aren't so sick you need an ER. Insurance companies love them since they're way cheaper than going to the ER. But even after going you should still go to see your regular doctor.

Guest JizzDumpWI

They cannot tell by looking. They will have to take a sample of the puss that comes with the itching and evaluate it in a lab. Else they just don't know...

I got a second opinion - he thinks its herpes, started me on acyclovir. could be bacterial, so also started me on an antibiotic just to be safe. and took bacterial and herpes cultures of the sores. I"ll know in a few days.

Really freaked out by the notion of having bleeding, infected, pus-filled sores on my ass :-(

Anyone have any words of wisdom?

• Moderators

Glad you are getting thorough treatment. I hope you are better soon.

Once you get everything under control your ass should heal quickly, but don't rush it. You'll be taking cock again soon enough.

Glad you are getting thorough treatment. I hope you are better soon.

Once you get everything under control your ass should heal quickly, but don't rush it. You'll be taking cock again soon enough.

Right now the last thing on my mind is taking cock. It hurts even just to sit down, I can just imagine what taking a cock would be like.

I don't have insurance, though. So an urgent care clinic isn't really an option.

I don't know your financial situation, But a lot of clinics have community care type options. Where if you don't have insurance and once you get the bill you write them and they will write it off. It's not worth having a itchy ass where you can't sit or sleep or walk. I also find Epsom salts baths help. Have you tried Desitin cream yet?

Guest JizzDumpWI

So one day on acyclovir? It'll be a couple more days before that gets ahead of your outbreak. Assuming you started Yesterday; you should begin to experience a lessening of symptoms by Friday; and be somewhat cleared up by Monday. First treatment with acyclovir for an active outbreak that has been underway awhile takes a good amount of time to get past.

After that, you can pretty much wait for the tickle (that's what I call it; but you'll get to know the particular feeling a day before it turns red, and a couple days before a puss filled outbreak). If you take Acyclovir at the tickle, you can forestall progression to a full outbreak. If you don't start until the first red spots and itch; you're going to go through some hell; but get your acyclovir dosing going right away. Sooner on; sooner you quell that particular outbreak.

I'm on 400mg 3x daily now for control. Even then at times I'll feel the tickle; and will up my dose for five days to 800. Over time you can prevent outbreaks.

This sounds exactly like when I was diagnosed with syphilis although the doctor said that the initial sore is dry and painless, mine was large, inflamed, puss-filled, blood oozing, painful nightmare! I didn't realize what I had until the sore healed and the rash broke out a few weeks later. Glad you are getting treatment, just keep a close eye on it and make sure you are also getting tested for all std's.