Is low testosterone destroying your sex drive and ability to get a raging hardon?

Guest PozGoat

Guest PozGoat

Conventional wisdom = usually lacking true wisdom.

Conventional wisdom regarding male sexual dysfunction as we age..

It's just part of getting older.

WRONG ANSWER.

A shot in my ass has forever changed that perception. That shot, you guessed it, Testosterone. My HIV doc, who is one the the worlds foremost experts on treating HIV AND male sexual dysfunction recommended that we check my testosterone(T) levels. I'm 42 years old. I wasn't in bad shape to start with. A few pounds overweight and I struggled to stay in shape, but overall my health was pretty good. But after telling my doc about what I thought was just age-related loss of libido and desire, easily fatigued, and just less energy overall, he recced that we test my blood for my T levels.

Sure enough, a few days later the tests came back, very low T. He immediately prescribed T replacement therapy and gave me the choice of clinic administered injection in the ass, every 2 weeks or the take home therapies of Androgel or Axiom underarm deodorant.

I chose the shot because its a big dose of T that slowly wears off over the course of 2 weeks, just in time for a fresh shot. The hunky fag male nurse(who I'm still trying to fuck) told me that I would "feel" this shot's effect before I got home, it works that quick.

I live about 5 blocks from my doc's office. As I was walking home I felt a rush of energy and began running. I ran home and dug my jogging outfit our of the closet, It'd been ages since I jogged. I went for a long jog with what seemed like endless energy. My conditioning was pretty pathetic at the time but I was amazed at how hard I was able to work out and how long, my stamina went through the roof, now about 2 hours after the shot. More importantly, MY DESIRE to workout went through the roof.

Those aren't the only 'desires' that went through the roof. I started to notice a new level of being horny that I hadn't felt in years. Remember getting hard in your jeans as a teenager? A stiff breeze could make you hard. I'm now nearly that horned again. No, I don't walk around with uncontrollable wood or a constant tent in my jeans but when I want to fuck some hot studs hole, I now get a raging woody to do so.

I was forced to update all of my online profiles from 'BOTTOM' to "Vers":*

T starts to decline in our 20's. A slow decline that may take years to reach the threshhold of low T. Usually by the late 30's and 40's low T has fully set in and is like a self destruct mechanism being set in motion. Poor diet and lack of exercise are the prime culprits that lead to low T. It's really not an age issue so much as it is a dietary and exercise issue. It just catches up with us as we age.

If you're over 35, I would highly recommend seeing your doc and getting your T tested with a simple blood test. It is perhaps the most common ailment of men over 40.

Signs/symptoms of low T..

Chronic fatigue

Loss of energy, vitality, zest for life

Depression/anxiety

Male sex dysfunction/inability to get wood

inability to stay hard

Dribbling cum shots when you used to shoot like a firehose

Perhaps, horny in the brain but not horny in your groin

How the T shots reversed the above in me..

Endless energy and zest

Treated depression and reversal of the effects of depression

WOOD, raging fucking WOOD

Cum shots that actually shoot instead of dribbling. More cum volume too. Better orgasms.

The sex drive of a much younger man.

Desire to do all of the above.

I eat healthier now because I want to and I need to feed this new machine.

I'm more muscular and love to work out. I'm no gym rat but I just love to get outdoors and exercise in the fresh air.

Everything I have said in this post is as true as I can say it.

Guys, do yourselves a favor and get your T checked. Do something positive for yourself, for a change. Trust me on this, if you're diagnosed with low T, you'll thank me for this advice. It's made a positive world of difference in my life.

I just got a new Doctor and I am going to have him recheck my T levels in 2010/2011 it was at mid 500's and about a year ago was checked and was at 368 at only 32 years old. While I can still get hard my urge for sex has gone way down, I am lucky to have morning wood maybe 2 times a month and my energy levels is nothing and I am started to get calf muscle pain if I end up walking or standing for long times.

Guest PozGoat

PDX, thanks for sharing that. Guys need to start talking about this stuff. Most guys have difficulty talking about his topic because it is so personal in nature and many men just plain feel less 'manly' and don't want to talk about it due to that fact.

I'm 42 years old and started to feel about the same as you described your own situation when I was in my early 30's. My bad diet, smoking, lack of exercise all contributed to the problem so my lifestyle was likely the culprit leading my overall health downhill..

I think it was just the fact that my bad habits were catching up with me as I aged.

Regarding my actual T numbers, I never asked my doc, he just said they were low and recced that I start therapy.

In your case PDX, It sounds like your numbers are falling and I'm guessing you'll soon meet that threshhold of low T where your doc will prescribe replacement therapy. Due to tight regulation of testosterone and all steroids in general, docs are regulated and hesitant to start therapy without the actual low T numbers that warrant prescription.

However, in your case, it sounds like your headed toward a low T diagnosis soon, if not already there. I'd recommend talking to your doc again, be as thorough and descriptive in telling him the symptoms you're experiencing. Write down a list if you need to help remember so you don't forget to tell your doc anything. Remind your doc of your previous T tests and the downward trend in your T numbers. Also, tell him things like your urge for sex has gone way down, your overall energy levels have gone down, you feel like you're aging etc.

Be descriptive with your doc and let him know that these problems are becoming a real problem in your life. I'm guessing you'll soon get diagnosed. Hang in there. Take care. Ask anytime about this.

Guest PozGoat

And FYI, Ive been getting the T injection in my ass at my doc's office for almost 2 years. (about 22 months now)

I get a shot in the ass every 2 weeks.

When my partner had low T (to the point he wasn't even shooting anymore) the doctor offered to give him a shot to see if it helped or to try androgel. He HATES needles so he went with the gel off the bat. have you tried androgel? Are the shots painful and make your ass sore for a few days after ?

Guest PozGoat

Never tried androgel or axiom. I've only had the shots.

I get it in alternating butt cheeks every other shot. Right cheek this shot, left cheek next shot..

For me, the needle is small and virtually pain free. Half the time I don't even feel the injection, but that's me. I think some people are more sensitive to injections than others. To me, a shot for something else in my arm will hurt more than getting these T shots in my butt cheek.

The guys that I've talked to that use androgel instead of the shots are happy with androgel too. I think either therapy works well. I just prefer the shots. For me the shots are much cheaper but that's due to the many different insurance types and how your healthcare is paid for.

From what I hear, andro and axiom are quite expensive out-of-pocket but I don't know that for sure. For me, the shots are very affordable but it varies with individual health insurance etc.

When my partner had low T (to the point he wasn't even shooting anymore) the doctor offered to give him a shot to see if it helped or to try androgel. He HATES needles so he went with the gel off the bat. have you tried androgel? Are the shots painful and make your ass sore for a few days after ?

I tried Androgel because I didn't want to use needle at first. However, the cost was outrageous with my insurance. The shot is so much cheaper. You get used to doing it yourself eventually. I inject on the side of my thigh, switching side each week. I tried my ass and it was too difficult to do it by myself and it was so painful that I almost want to vomit. I recommend doing the injection because it is cheaper and also you don't have to worry about the gel transferring to young children or female, which will affect them negatively.

I tried Androgel because I didn't want to use needle at first. However, the cost was outrageous with my insurance. The shot is so much cheaper. You get used to doing it yourself eventually. I inject on the side of my thigh, switching side each week. I tried my ass and it was too difficult to do it by myself and it was so painful that I almost want to vomit. I recommend doing the injection because it is cheaper and also you don't have to worry about the gel transferring to young children or female, which will affect them negatively.

If I could do the shots at home then I would go that route... use to it from Imitrex for migraines.

Guest PozGoat
ONE pump under each armpit of axiron took my total T from 356 to 950 consistently for the last 7 months. much more wood and energy

I was wondering how well axiron worked. You're the first person I've know that's used it. Glad to hear it shows good results for you. Sounds every bit as effective as the other therapies, andro or the shot etc. Gives a better idea of how well it works to hear it from someone that's used it. Thanks for adding.

I thought the shots hurt like a bitch, but then I'm a pussy when it comes to needles. The clinic I went to also gave a B 12 shot with each dose every two weeks and the B 12 shot didn't anything like the T shot did. The stuff is very thick. I also started the shots at about age 40. I guess I was fearing aging. I was also working out alot and hoping it would help me beef up some. I worried that the Androgel wouldn't work as well but I've been really pleased with it. I like the daily dosing rather than the two week intervals of the shots. I have never tried the Axiron. I do know guys who have done their own shots and get it from a doctor that they get botox from (no i don't use botox). I'd be interested in trying the Axiron. I think I'll bring it up when I see the Dr next month. Maybe I won't the acne on my shoulders with that. I didn't get it with the shots either.

Good thread.

There's also a new gel on the market--Fortesta. Applied to the skin of the thigh. No idea how effective, but some insurance companies are dropping coverage for Androgel because of expense and subbing Fortesta or Axiron.

Guest PozGoat
There's also a new gel on the market--Fortesta. Applied to the skin of the thigh. No idea how effective, but some insurance companies are dropping coverage for Androgel because of expense and subbing Fortesta or Axiron.

Hi Tattpig. That's very interesting. Fortesta, hadn't heard of that name until now. I'm starting to think about getting a possible home rx and am looking for the most affordable option. It would be a lot more convenient than going to the doc for a biweekly shot. Gonna check out Fortesta for sure. Thanks for the info!

Guest PozGoat

Correction.. Ive incorrectly called it Axiom a few times now in this thread. it's actually called Axiron.(the underarm treatment)

I complained to my hiv dr about low sex drive. Tested my T levels and for several years was at the bottom of "normal" but finally went below and I was perscribed testtosterone suplements. Started with gel but that was a pain as I was swimming several times a day and the stuff should be on your skin for 4-6 hours so I asked if there was another alternative. Injections - started with 200 units once a month but by the 3-4 week I really began to get depressed. Changed to 100 units twice a month and I was finally allowed to give myself injections - first one was in the top of my theigh - that was sore for a week - butt shots barely notice and I do also alternate cheeks each injection. A bit acquaward at first doing my own injections but I've gotten over that farily quick. I must say suplementing certainly helped with my libdo but more than that did more for depression than any anti-depressant did. And yes morning wood again, libido, more energy - Suplementing certainly has given me a sex drive again. There was a year there before supplementing that I didn't even so much as jack off for months. Changed my life in a very positive way -