Bareback options to stay negative

What are the best options for bareback sex if I want to stay HIV negative? I would say topping would be number one. Should I top a bottom who doesn't say what his status is? Or says he is negative? Or says he is positive undetectable? A guy can say whatever he wants doesn't mean it is true. Do you think I have any bareback options?

Sure, there are options..options which will minimize your risk that is. There is no 100% totally safe. But what in life is ever risk free?

I'd suggest the main risk reducer is to bb very selectively with men you know well. And each additional man you bb with the risk goes up.

I have been doing selective bb'ing for 5 years now, and so far am hiv- (Which is not to say I won't become +, or perhaps have already become + very recently.)

I'm just saying barebacking does not have to be an all in or all out venture... You can do a limited amount of bb if you wish.

Though I will also say that the longer you bareback and the more men you try it with the harder it gets to control it. That's where I am now, spent like 2 years or so bb with just one man. But now doing it with 2 regularly and one of the 2 is exposing me to situations where he encourages more bb. In the last month for the first time ever, I took an anonymous cock up my ass in an adult book store booth. Was hot as hell, but scared me too, and I have pulled back in the last month. It gets more and more tempting.

But bottom line is you can take it raw selectively only if you wish and have a lot of self discipline. Not saying you should or should not, just saying it is a choice you have.

Good luck and enjoy.

What are the best options for bareback sex if I want to stay HIV negative? I would say topping would be number one. Should I top a bottom who doesn't say what his status is? Or says he is negative? Or says he is positive undetectable? A guy can say whatever he wants doesn't mean it is true. Do you think I have any bareback options?

you essentially have three options:

1) be in a completely monogamous relationship with another neg person who never cheats.

2) ALWAYS using condoms 100% correct

3) going on PrEP.

That being said none of those are really foolproof, although PrEP has a lot of promise, and some people do want monogamous relationships. Topping is also good, but not foolproof, and some tops who have other STD's and still bareback can be at a fairly high risk for HIV. Only fucking with poz guys who are on long term therapy and they stick to it is also a good risk reduction technique but far from foolproof.

For you it sounds like PrEP may be a good option, you must be consistent about it, but studies show it works.

http://www.truvadapreprems.com/#

I have been fucking bareback for a long time and still neg. I select guys and reject those who look spaced out in drugs or so. Actually undectacble guys are okay in that they take care of themselves. I worry more about hep c than anything else

Guest GoodExercise

To stay neg while getting fucked bareback, always wear a necklace. Whatever necklace you choose will work, but I recommend something that looks good and fits well. Wear the necklace every time you bareback, even if you trust the other guy. Especially wear it when you go out drinking or to a bathhouse because you never know when you might bareback. If you forget to wear the necklace and fuck bareback anyway, use PrEP. If the necklace breaks while you are barebacking, use PrEP. If the PrEP does not work and you get infected after any bareback encounter where you did not wear the necklace, it will be the other guy's fault -- you will not be to blame in any way. But you might want to tell friends, family and your doctor that you always wore the necklace, so you don't know how you could have been infected -- it will be another medical mystery for them to investigate. If you need one, I have an unused necklace.

To stay neg while getting fucked bareback, always wear a necklace. Whatever necklace you choose will work, but I recommend something that looks good and fits well. Wear the necklace every time you bareback, even if you trust the other guy. Especially wear it when you go out drinking or to a bathhouse because you never know when you might bareback. If you forget to wear the necklace and fuck bareback anyway, use PrEP. If the necklace breaks while you are barebacking, use PrEP. If the PrEP does not work and you get infected after any bareback encounter where you did not wear the necklace, it will be the other guy's fault -- you will not be to blame in any way. But you might want to tell friends, family and your doctor that you always wore the necklace, so you don't know how you could have been infected -- it will be another medical mystery for them to investigate. If you need one, I have an unused necklace.

yeah okay...

you know some people do take this seriously.

yeah okay...

you know some people do take this seriously.

... if you actually read the statement you would realize he was being serious- serious in his sarcasm.

This is a joke. instantblast when creating this thread was joking- "how can i be bb and know that im being safe?" if he wasn't joking he's a moron. the idea that one can be safe via some magical answer to the problem is laughable.

This is a very serious statement. There is a whole spectrum of safety to choose from. People on daily meds vs people who (by choice or lack of access) are not one meds -- there is a difference between fucking someone with a high viral load versus and undetectable viral load.

And there is a difference between rubbing a toothbrush up your ass to increase chances of infection, vs sleeping with somone who get monthly bloodwork, has had their hep vaccines, etc. those are choices - and that's what was being asked - are there different ways to have bareback sex, some less risky than others.

and the answer is a very serious yes.

Guest GoodExercise

I never wear a necklace when I top. I rebel. The necklace was uncomfortable the few times I tried it. I tried on some necklaces years ago, and couldn't find one that fit right. A necklace gets in the way during sex -- it is a barrier. When I bottom, I won't let a top wear a necklace. I want to see and feel all of his bare neck and chest, and I know he prefers to fuck without the necklace (just like I do). I know it is risky to have sex without the necklace. It is an insane but exciting risk. I have heard that there are other things that a guy can wear for fucking that can prevent HIV and other STIs, but I am skeptical. I bet I wouldn't like them any more than I liked the necklace (for all of the same reasons).