Forum Runner Has Been Disabled

rawTOP

• Administrators

If you were using Forum Runner to access this site, it's been disabled because an exploit was found in the code.

There is a fix, but I want to hear whether people are actually using Forum Runner before investing the time in fixing the problem. The site now has a proper mobile theme that should eliminate the need for using Forum Runner.

If you have an opinion one way or the other, comment here. I'm putting it in general discussion to get maximum exposure and then I'll move the thread over to the Tips, Tricks & Help section.

I have used Forum Runner for a while. Mostly because the site didn't have much in the way of a mobile theme. I spend most of my time on my tablet, and FR did offer some useful features. But it was kind of a one trick pony in terms of sites that it works with. Mobile theme looks great and seems to work well. Just uninstalled FR.

The only reason I would keep Forum Runner at this point is because the mobile skin doesn't have a short summary of the post in the recent activity section. Both forum runner and the desktop skin do this and it's nice to know what I'd like to read at a glance. I don't really know any other reason to keep Forum Runner around.

If you could add those quick blurbs to the mobile skin, there will be no need for it at all.

Thought I would as for clarification because I think I understand, but I don't I know how much rawtop has used the app. Do you mean the Current section (similar to the recent activity page of the website and the What's New section of the mobile site) and original post or last reply that is picked up there?

That's kind of a helpful and unhelpful feature to me. If you know what the post is about, it can be great, just quickly see the last comment, but sometimes people's responses (like "yeah, same here") can kinda kill the usefulness.

Feature wise, of Forum Runner, I think I miss having a link in the mobile site (I may not have found it yet, so excuse me if I'm commenting about something I haven't found yet) to access subscribed posts. At least its not in the shortcuts.

It is a great way for me to keep up on particular threads of high interest. I check out what's new, but its nice to just be able to hit a list of my subscriptions.

• Administrators
It's still working here. We should stop using it?

That's weird. I thought turning it off in the admin section would turn it off. Seems I have to disable it on Forum Runner's site. Actually, I just did that and that's not disabling Forum Runner either. So I guess all I can say is I've tried to disable it. If you find it no longer works, that's why...

I exclusively use forum runner for BZ. Didn't even realise there was a mobile site now.

Do I just go to the normal site to make it work?

Yes, just go to the regular site and it will detect that you're using an iPhone or Android and will give you a different look and feel that's easier to use on mobile devices.

I'd second what naex said, I like the recent activity and the screen that shows recent activity in threads I subscribe to.

Also I'm on the mobile site now and everything is over in the right and half of the words cut off on the main screen. I'd post a pic but don't know how to lol

Happy to give it time though, but a shame to get rid of forum runner just yet.

I'd second what naex said' date=' I like the recent activity and the screen that shows recent activity in threads I subscribe to. Also I'm on the mobile site now and everything is over in the right and half of the words cut off on the main screen. I'd post a pic but don't know how to lol Happy to give it time though, but a shame to get rid of forum runner just yet.[/quote']

Here's the pic... Posted with forum runner, I know how to do it on here :D

post-18232-140864348604_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

One other person (on an Android) had the shifting problem - it seems to shift the width of the logo. For them it only happened on the home page - not other pages. It's not happening on my iPhone, and I can't replicate it on my old Android Galaxy Tab. So not sure how to fix it.

I'll investigate adding a recent posts page to the mobile site like there is on the main site.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.