The down side to being poz.

POINTBTTMKC

Guest JizzDumpWI
Yes, the meds and the side effects thereof are definitely down sides, but many of us are still alive because of the meds. In general, I think folks are just over time becoming sick and tired of wrapping it up.

Definitely. The advances in HIV meds have led to PrEP. I have a lot of gratitude to my poz brothers before me that got us to this point (along with doctors and researchers who questioned, explored, and developed improved treatments). Now of course we seem to have two camps. I can understand chasing as a response to a decision to bare only, where HIV seemed inevitable. But now that the inevitability is gone, what is the point?

Definitely. The advances in HIV meds have led to PrEP. I have a lot of gratitude to my poz brothers before me that got us to this point (along with doctors and researchers who questioned, explored, and developed improved treatments). Now of course we seem to have two camps. I can understand chasing as a response to a decision to bare only, where HIV seemed inevitable. But now that the inevitability is gone, what is the point?

BINGO. I have some friends who play bare, and are ambivalent about PrEP, which I dont get at all.