The down side to being poz.

POINTBTTMKC

I really dont think these gay men really grasp the downfall of being poz.. Your meds, the side effects, the stomach issues, eating , finding insurance that covers meds. I started out with 20 pills a day. Do you have insurance for that. Finding assistacnce, getting the help and support of first finding out.. Oh and the friends you'll lose. You can be assured this is gonna happen. They dont want to be seen with you cause others will think they're poz also.. And say you get assistance. The income levels you have to stay under .. All and more i just dont think these kids grasp what is ahead for them.................... So 10yr anniversary is coming up dec. 18. (yes,it was a gift from santa with no receipt to take it back) and down to 2 pills a day, and one is for depression. No biggie i can handle it. But time is the only way i found out that i could handle it.. Do i miss some of those friends.. No. They shown true colors and i didnt find a loss in them in the end.. So , i hope you think about what your getting into.............. Peace and undetectable wishes like i am.........

POINTBTTMKC

Thank you so much for a sobering post on this fantasy site.

I think many ppl here forget that the point of this was really to relate to the want of bb sex.

I am sorry that you have experienced loss because of your decisions, but like all decisions it brings us to our paths through life. Like you said, those ppl who used to be your friends showed their true colors, and anyone who really cared for you should have been there for you. I am also sorry that the meds developed for hiv treatment often have negative side effects. I am glad that you are in good health, and am glad you were willing to stand up and try to give an idea that some chasers and barebackers don't know what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...
I really dont think these gay men really grasp the downfall of being poz.. Your meds, the side effects, the stomach issues, eating , finding insurance that covers meds. I started out with 20 pills a day. Do you have insurance for that. Finding assistacnce, getting the help and support of first finding out.. Oh and the friends you'll lose. You can be assured this is gonna happen. They dont want to be seen with you cause others will think they're poz also.. And say you get assistance. The income levels you have to stay under .. All and more i just dont think these kids grasp what is ahead for them.................... So 10yr anniversary is coming up dec. 18. (yes,it was a gift from santa with no receipt to take it back) and down to 2 pills a day, and one is for depression. No biggie i can handle it. But time is the only way i found out that i could handle it.. Do i miss some of those friends.. No. They shown true colors and i didnt find a loss in them in the end.. So , i hope you think about what your getting into.............. Peace and undetectable wishes like i am.........

Good reality check, and also a good reminder of why i went on PrEP.

Guest ff-whole

I think a lot of those guys that are so seeking the bug are just BS-ing or macho talk anyway. I don't listen... I don't seek the bug but I just can't stopping BB and wish there was a way for me to get Prep... Good to have you speak out your mind though...

There are many down sides to being poz, as stated above: medications, costs, some alienation from others, for me the real losses were career because i was such a cum slut, pnp whore, I loved loved taking poz cum, the more toxic the better, of course that what caused the most issues for sickness was the other STDs that come with the cum, and the AIDS sicknesses that follow. For me months of intensive IV therapy, I had 20 ports and numerous procedures in order to get well, medication errors that have caused renal and liver injury that still is being treated. Having said that, I do not know why, I CRAVE BB sex and taking poz loads. I have never intensionally or maliciously infected someone who thought they were having safe sex. However, anyone who wants to BB and says they are negative and you should be too simply by stating, Oh, I am negative I think or not sure but you can fuck me BB and cum inside me anyway! They always do! and usually beg you to fuck them BB and cum in them too. So I always do! Even when I consistently tested negative I immediately ran out to the bath house or book store and took as many loads as possible. I loved getting slammed with T and insisted on letting the guys use their dirty needles in me to slam me---WHAT A FUCKING TURN ON watching that tainted slam with AIDS blood in it go in your veins!!!! I could blow a load right now thinking of how good it felt. Do I wish I was not poz now? Good question. Part of me. Part would do it all over again.

Guest JizzDumpWI

Like hollywoodslut, this is why I am on PrEP. Sure I get the hotness of knowing my top is poz, but it is an even greater rush to take his load with minimal risk (less than condom sex risk) of converting myself.

Fantasy... A wonderful thing. But my poz buds tell me to avoid it if I can.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. This country as you and I are, are far from being free. Especially when it comes to healthcare like the op described. My biggest fear to those that are "still on the hunt" to be apart of the "team" is what happens when the "great American economy" finally bottoms out and the dollar turns to shit COMPLETELY. Guess what? No pills or treatments will be made for free, so those of you who depend on them to stay alive and healthy will be (asked out) so to speak and sadly die more horrible deaths than set before treatment, because the drugs make the virus more virulent than before.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. This country as you and I are, are far from being free. Especially when it comes to healthcare like the op described. My biggest fear to those that are "still on the hunt" to be apart of the "team" is what happens when the "great American economy" finally bottoms out and the dollar turns to shit COMPLETELY. Guess what? No pills or treatments will be made for free, so those of you who depend on them to stay alive and healthy will be (asked out) so to speak and sadly die more horrible deaths than set before treatment, because the drugs make the virus more virulent than before.

Look if you want to be the "voice of reasons" get off the political rant. I have no problem have a spirited debate, but ranting isn't that. Everything you just posted is pure speculation and fear mongering.

You clearly have little understanding of HIV. "All" HIV does is attack the immune system, the nervous system and some skin cells. The vast majority of people who die as a result of HIV infect die as a result of an opportunistic infection, that is to say an infection that needs the immune system to be lowered before it can attack. Hardly anyone with an intact immune system gets mycobacterium avium intracellulare, or aspergillis pneumonia, yet they were the diseases my husbands died of. They didn't die because HIV had got stronger: they died because HIV had weakened their immune systems to the point where they couldn't defend themselves. Oh, and there were fifteen years between their deaths.

Go read up on immunology...

• 3 weeks later...
I think a lot of those guys that are so seeking the bug are just BS-ing or macho talk anyway. I don't listen... I don't seek the bug but I just can't stopping BB and wish there was a way for me to get Prep... Good to have you speak out your mind though...

You have just described me to a T, I can't stop BB'ing either, shit I know the risks but damn it, it never seems to bother

me until the load is deposited in me. Great thread, reading this does ground you. I wish I could read this before every shag though

damn hormones always seem to win.