I think I have an STI but am not sure (seeking some advice on how to proceed)

oradam2

I feel pain in my testicles periodically and have for the last week or so. I'm thinking I might have an STI (maybe chlamydia or gonorrhoea). The pain isn't too severe; just minor and sometimes non-existent (comes and goes). I haven't had any other symptoms. No discharge, no pain peeing, nothing.

I'm going to make an appointment with my doctor to get the required tests needed to verify. My doctor is on vacation though for anther week.

I guess my question for you guys is: do you think I'm ok to wait to see my family doctor, which will be in another week or so on top of the one week that its already been, or should I go to emergency and have it looked into right away?

I don't want the symptoms or effects to be any worse than they have to be.

thank-you,

Another advantage of an STI clinic is they've heard pretty much all of it before. I've had a doctor ask me if I'd noticed any pain in my balls, then remembering my predilection for a bit of CBT asked if I'd had any unexpected, unexplained pain in my balls. Turned out to be a massive infection of E Coli in my bladder (where it tends not to hang out) causing the problem. Easily fixed with a course of antibiotics.

I never knew you could feel pain in your balls from an STD. I would quickly check it to make sure it's not something else. I always thought STDs caused discharge or burning urination, or discomfort in your anus is that is where it is.

Have you balls changes or do they or one of them feel different or hard? Sometimes when I blow guys at clubs I feel their balls and sometimes one feels hard like something is wrong with it. I hope they have the common sense to get it checked out.