What is it with gay guys and drugs?

bigdick4you

Just to be clear, methamphetamine hydrochloride is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration under the trade name Desoxyn, is a neurotoxin and potent psychostimulant that is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and obesity.

No argument from me that those who chase the high / rush significantly degrade their performance abilities or that the street versions of the drug are impure. The point I make is the drug can be used sensibly (read: low dose) to enhance sex.

And this is where I disagree, because from any sane medical perspective, having a person take a neurotoxin to simply enhance sex is fairly insane, and it sounds like rationalization for addiction.

And this is where I disagree, because from any sane medical perspective, having a person take a neurotoxin to simply enhance sex is fairly insane, and it sounds like rationalization for addiction.

One has to keep in mind that medically "approved" doses (that were historically prescribed to keep awake or for weight loss purposes) are much, much lower than what addicts use. Pervitin aka. Panzer Chocolate (meth) was prescribed by Wehrmacht doctors in 3mg doses. AFAIK (having no personal experience with meth whatsoever) recreational doses are twenty or even a hundred times that.

So while Adam's admittedly has a point, I wonder HOW MANY of those who might use the medical methamphetamine argument to rationalize recreational use actually fall into the same dosage category.

It's important to consider what exactly is meant by neurotoxic and the mechanism of toxicity of methamphetamine before making blanket statements like that. In fact, alcohol is actually quite neurotoxic as well, as is MDMA and a host of other drugs. Even water can cause neurotoxicity by destroying neurons after huge amounts of water are consumed. People who drink alcohol with moderation aren't insane nor rationalizing an alcohol addiction.

The mechanism by which meth brings about neurotoxicity is that, either in extremely large doses, above 1 gram in a day for a 150 lb/70 kg person, or long-term moderate daily doses of about 210 mg for a 150 lb/70kg person, the neurons are depleted of the resources to continue functioning properly, and degenerate in a manner similar to Parkinson's Disease. This is why it's approved as a prescription drug; the typical dose for a child is 25 mg a day, usually divided into two administrations per day. The average bump is between 30 and 60 mg, averaging about twice as much that a child is supposed to take to control ADHD.

As such, doing some meth isn't going to degenerate your neurons if you are truly using it in moderation and stay well below those amounts. Of course, many people simply don't have the control to not ramp up use and get to that point, but that is a different story, and that certainly doesn't prevent some people from being able to do it on occasion without becoming a junkie. It's unreasonable to use say that someone is insane and a drug addict simply because the word neurotoxin sounds scary and dangerous.

I don't condone the use of methamphetamine and have never and will never use it myself, but the pharmacology clearly shows it is no more harmful than drinking alcohol occasionally when done in moderation. I encourage you to look up facts on PubMed or another such tool before rebuking people and implying they're drug addicts.

At any rate, this went way off topic. The original post asked why gays seem to use more drugs than straight people, and several other people have hit the nail on the head, I think; most straight people end up getting married and having kids, which makes isn't exactly conducive to doing meth or other party drugs.

It's important to consider what exactly is meant by neurotoxic and the mechanism of toxicity of methamphetamine before making blanket statements like that. In fact, alcohol is actually quite neurotoxic as well, as is MDMA and a host of other drugs. Even water can cause neurotoxicity by destroying neurons after huge amounts of water are consumed. People who drink alcohol with moderation aren't insane nor rationalizing an alcohol addiction.

The mechanism by which meth brings about neurotoxicity is that, either in extremely large doses, above 1 gram in a day for a 150 lb/70 kg person, or long-term moderate daily doses of about 210 mg for a 150 lb/70kg person, the neurons are depleted of the resources to continue functioning properly, and degenerate in a manner similar to Parkinson's Disease. This is why it's approved as a prescription drug; the typical dose for a child is 25 mg a day, usually divided into two administrations per day. The average bump is between 30 and 60 mg, averaging about twice as much that a child is supposed to take to control ADHD.

As such, doing some meth isn't going to degenerate your neurons if you are truly using it in moderation and stay well below those amounts. Of course, many people simply don't have the control to not ramp up use and get to that point, but that is a different story, and that certainly doesn't prevent some people from being able to do it on occasion without becoming a junkie. It's unreasonable to use say that someone is insane and a drug addict simply because the word neurotoxin sounds scary and dangerous.

I don't condone the use of methamphetamine and have never and will never use it myself, but the pharmacology clearly shows it is no more harmful than drinking alcohol occasionally when done in moderation. I encourage you to look up facts on PubMed or another such tool before rebuking people and implying they're drug addicts.

At any rate, this went way off topic. The original post asked why gays seem to use more drugs than straight people, and several other people have hit the nail on the head, I think; most straight people end up getting married and having kids, which makes isn't exactly conducive to doing meth or other party drugs.

I wouldnt say it is way off topic at all. In fact its a discussion exactly relating to the topic, and you are correct, I shouldn't be using scare tactics to make people think a dose is going to kill them.

Heres the wikipedia chart on harmful effects of illegal drugs.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg

However, the main crux of your previous statement was moderation, and that is where many gay men fail in their consumption of substances, be it alcohol, or illegal drugs. Moderation of most things wont be very detrimental to the individuals health, but when it causes other risky behavior, and or more consumption, it quickly becomes an issue.

Tina makes me NEED cock instead of want it. It also makes me way kinkier! I'll do anything I'm told on Tina. Basically Tina turns me 150% gay lol my cock doesn't work but I want to take everything I'm my ass.

150% gay? In the way you express it I've got a friend who can do that without even poppers. The bonus is that while he's a thoroughly nasty fuck, he's also a good friend and a charming host.

I have used drugs to enhance sex. At first it started just as a fun thing with friends (with benefits), but within the last few years I find I don't enjoy sex out it. I live in New Orleans and the gay scene (sexually & otherwise) has changed drastically for the worse. There are still quite a few gay men here, but few of them are pigs and the majority of them consume a lot of alcohol--Which makes them dull,, bitter and sexually lethargic. I've never been in a place where I've heard so many men say they don't like sex....

As far as my drug use it kind of numbs me to that type of behavior and further I find that I can take anything up my hole and I can locate the few other pigs in the city with similar sexual appetites...

I wouldnt say it is way off topic at all. In fact its a discussion exactly relating to the topic, and you are correct, I shouldn't be using scare tactics to make people think a dose is going to kill them.

However, the main crux of your previous statement was moderation, and that is where many gay men fail in their consumption of substances, be it alcohol, or illegal drugs. Moderation of most things wont be very detrimental to the individuals health, but when it causes other risky behavior, and or more consumption, it quickly becomes an issue.

Well, yes, that's definitely true, and to be quite honest, I think that many of us in the bb-only scene are probably at an increased rate for falling into the trap of addiction. It can't be denied that we all are knowingly and willingly exposing ourselves to easily preventable communicable diseases, and not a single one of us could ever say we didn't know. Given just how big of an impact taking that risk is (especially those of us that are total cumpig bottoms ;)), I struggle to imagine that many of us aren't rather bold with other things...like thinking we can be strung out on a ton of crystal every weekend and have it not go beyond that. It's just my little theory, but consider how many cumdump tweakers you've seen versus how the number of tweaker guys that won't take off the rubber until a month or two into monogamous relationship. It's too big of a difference to just chalk it up to just being a "scene thing".