Poz Guy Under Arrest In Ontario For Not Disclosing Status

rawTOP

• 1 year later...

HIV-positive Ottawa (Canada) man guilty of attempted murder:

"A 31-year-old Ottawa man has been found guilty of three counts of attempted murder and three counts of aggravated sexual assault after failing to disclose his HIV-positive status to sex partners."

"Steven Boone was also found guilty of two counts of administering a noxious substance —his semen — "

"He [a 17 year old] had tested positive for HIV after having unprotected sex with Boone several times, and he said Boone never told him he had the disease."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/11/01/ottawa-steven-boone-guilty-verdict.html

I have a hard time visualizing the 17 yo as a victim. I see him more as an accomplice. I'm sure they both knew the potential consequences of barebacking.

• 2 weeks later...

This is ridiculous, not once has it been stated that guy actually LIED to anyone. Just that he didn't disclose. Where is responsibility other the other guy?? Should he be required to ask if he wants to press charges.