Should I try BB?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see what you're getting at, and whether or not I agree with it doesn't matter; I was just trying to make it clear, to those who may not have noticed, that your opinion is biased due to you becoming poz when you weren't willing to accept the risks. My personal opinion is biased from the fact that I'm wiling to accept those risks. The elaborations are just extra lol.

Whether you agree with the way I phrase things, or what examples I may use, it really doesn't matter. Whether it's accurate or not, it gets my point across. The reason I find it more accurate than not, is because looking at it from your perspective makes the risk "worth it" on a relative scale. If someone takes excessive risk, it's their fault; but if they take "normal" risk, no one can blame them for taking that risk? To me, that's a poor double standard; to other people, it could be completely reasonable. As far as being informed goes, whether or not it's enough is somewhat irrelevant; it's how we use the information at hand to live our lives that is much more important. While you may think that your particular experience may be more relevant to his situation, because you ended up being poz, what about those who became poz and didn't have as much of a problem with it? Are those guys going to have as much relevance to Essence's situation, as they were once in the same boat?

I'm trying to be rhetorical because, whether you're trying to or not, you're coming off a bit strong. I may be as well, but until someone calls me out on it, I won't know. I'd just hate to see someone make a decision out of fear; and forgive me for saying this, but your view is riddled with fear. Just an observation, from one perspective, with all due respect (of course).

Rayne, we could go point for point with this all day long, but the only point I was trying to get across is what the probable outcome is for a guy who wants to bareback and stay clean at the same time. Sorry if it comes across strong or seems that I'm basing my logic out of fear.

I'm not trying to scare Essence or anyone else for that matter into not barebacking. He can do what he wants- it's his body and his life. I'm not running an anti-bareback campaign or trying to use fear as a means to stop anyone from barebacking. Even take any neg dude who wants to put his ass in the air for any and all guys to load up, I wouldn't try to stop them. BUT, when someone like Essence in this case, mentions they are neg and want to stay that way and asks whether they should or shouldn't take the BB plunge, I'll candidly share my experience, which has probably been the experience of many others too.

Sure, there are some guys who aren't bothered by the thought of getting HIV. Some even welcome it. I even have a dude right now hitting me up constantly on BBRT to "charge him up" which I refuse to do and he doesn't understand why. But, if a guy like Essence ended up with HIV from barebacking, do you not think that he would be very bothered by it? Once again, consider his original thread.

The risk taking point is a non issue at this point. I won't even try to argue it any further. Bottom line is barebacking is a slippery and dangerous slope for anyone to go down, whether they mind getting pozzed or not.

Would it be insulting for me to ask him to test with me beforehand with the over the counter OraQuiq hiv tests? I know that's not fool proof either but that would make this the safest informed decision I could I suppose. Then at that point I did all I could and whatever happens happens, ie it's worth the risk. But idk how ppl would react to that.
It would truly depend on the guy, and his view of your prospective roll in the hay.

If he considers this event just a quicky, and you just an anonymous cumdump hole to drop a load in he would definitely say NO. (There's lots of guys on here for whom that is exactly what they think as tops, and exactly what they want as bottoms.) I suspect he might think it's more than that, because we're still talking about it days later.

If your communication with this guy is online, it doesn't hurt to ask. You can always neck and suck, and chew on that yummy foreskin for the 20 minutes it takes for the results to show. (Use a timer / phone / alarm of some sort - the time is important for that test - you can't get lots in the heat of playing with that beautiful dick.)

Personally I think if he truly thinks he's neg, and he's a decent guy, he'd say Yes. Hey, you're providing him with some sense of security and assurance about your status too.

Not perfect, and the window periods still apply, but overall not a bad option.

If he gets all pissey, and is a asshole when you suggest it, he probably wasn't the kind of guy you'd want to pop your BB cherry to begin with.

The issue here is not so much about the other guy's HIV status because Essence once he barebacks with this supposedly HIV-neg guy he will most likely continue barebacking with other guys. Once a guys starts barebacking then the chances of HIV infection increases. I guess this is what Poptronic is trying to convey.

A decision to bareback should go together with the realization that HIV infection is now a likely possibility. And here is where to me age becomes relevant when making a decision to bareback. If by late 40's a guy is still fantasizing a lot about barebacking, then he might as well try it and take the risk. But younger guys should think about the consequences and what it means to live with HIV for a long time. Or, HIV may be incompatible with for instance having children. By late 40's guys should know what they want from life and which fantasies and fetishes they want satisfied before they become too old.

Because I don't know how old Essence is I wouldn't know what to recommend.