rawTOP

Would You Use A Chat Room?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Use A Chat Room?

• Yes, I'd use it on a regular basis now
    • Maybe later when there are more people using the site
    • No, not really into chat rooms

• Administrators

Do you guys want a chat room feature on this site? I could get one an integrate it with the site, but it costs money so I want to make sure people would actually use it. I'm not sure we have critical mass yet, but maybe...

If I did a chat room it would just be one big public chat room with the option of splitting off into a private chat with someone. The issue is there are usually only 5 to 15 guys logged into this site at any given time (plus about 10 times that who don't login) so the people in the chat room would be a percentage of that... Probably just 2 or 3 - maybe 5 when it's busy...

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators

I just reopened the poll...

The issue is that people say chat rooms kill forums 'cause people chat there rather than in the forum. Gotta think it through... I'm not opposed to it in theory, just need to figure out what impact it might have on the site (both good and bad)...

Those of you who like chat rooms, do you think it would affect your participation in forum threads?

Guest diapbttmboi

I'm a moderator on a forum that has a flashchat and it really doesn't effect the forum that I can tell. Some people just come for the forum and don't chat but visa versa, you may find it attracts new members just for the chat feature. I'd like to see a chat here, I know I'm new but my opinion counts right? :P

• 1 year later...

I think a chat room with cams would draw people to the site. The earlier chat room was popular at a time when the site membership was smaller. I would guess that the site membership has increased to a point where the forum will continue to remain active even if some members are spending more time in chat.