Life Lesson, you got to take PrEP for it to work!!

wood

I was talking to a friend/fb the other day when I casually checked out his BBRT profile, and noticed it went from "Neg on PrEP" to "Positive". Pretty surprised I asked him about it. He said yeah it was true, and that a few months ago he lost his insurance and at first spaced out the doses, then went off completely for about a month. In that time he didn't change his sexual habits at all. He got it back but was far from consistent with it. Anyway a few weeks ago he went back in to do his 3 month checks, and found out he is HIV+ He said he didn't know when it happened, because he has been having a lot of sex, and didnt remember getting sick.

In his case he got a lifelong illness because of a bit of apathy and not making a phone call for the assistance program. Really silly IMO.

So if you are on PrEP, TAKE IT! It doesn't work if you dont!

I was talking to a friend/fb the other day when I casually checked out his BBRT profile, and noticed it went from "Neg on PrEP" to "Positive". Pretty surprised I asked him about it. He said yeah it was true, and that a few months ago he lost his insurance and at first spaced out the doses, then went off completely for about a month. In that time he didn't change his sexual habits at all. He got it back but was far from consistent with it. Anyway a few weeks ago he went back in to do his 3 month checks, and found out he is HIV+ He said he didn't know when it happened, because he has been having a lot of sex, and didnt remember getting sick.

In his case he got a lifelong illness because of a bit of apathy and not making a phone call for the assistance program. Really silly IMO.

So if you are on PrEP, TAKE IT! It doesn't work if you dont!

That's quite tragic. It only takes HIV 2-3 days to take hold, so if you are not PrEP'ed at the moment of infection HIV will establish a reservoir and that's it.