Listing your PrEP status: do or don't?

makingwords

Bottom here on PrEP. Very comfortable getting bred by neg, undetectable, and poz guys. I find that listing myself as just "HIV negative" on a4a or BBRT is a turn-off for many poz guys because many of them sero-sort and don't want the drama of breeding a neg guy and potentially converting him.

At the same time, I don't want to scream that I'm on PrEP because that gets a lot of negative feedback too. (I've experienced it myself firsthand: guys telling me that I'm crazy for taking a toxic drug, saying that it'll never work and I'll end up poz, etc.)

So my question is: what status listing will get me the most cock and cum with the least amount of judgment?

Do I just list all of my profiles as blank or "Ask me" when it comes to status? Most guys don't ask anyway. Or do I own up to "Neg + PrEP" and educate the guys who probably haven't read the research?

• Administrators

I did at first. Now I dont' mention my HIV status at all. HIV statuses are now irrelevant to me. I don't want to have guys think about HIV when they think of hooking up with me. Just fuck and have fun.

Guest JizzDumpWI

it's not a turn off for poz guys if your profile says neg because they're not stupid. they know it's a lie!

Seriously? C'mon kazore, that is just stupid... However, the truth can only be "don't know" when neg and not on prep. And that's one of the conundrums of sorting to purportedly neg guys. Not that they are necessarily lying, but that most common HIV tests are reporting your serostatus as of three months ago.

makingwords, we're still all feeling our way as neg + prep. I still get some rejection, perhaps kazore's friends, but month over month, it seems like I am getting more action. I think we just be honest and let the cards fall as they may. Lying might seem like a good solution and at times might get you the next cumload. But do we really want to live life lying? On some sites I put "ask me"; but when it is an option neg+prep.

I list myself as Neg+PrEP when that's a choice and I haven't had any bad reactions. If it's not a choice on the site I'm on, I choose "Neg." and put some text in my profile that says something like "negative here and on PrEP." My sex life is pretty good and I get plenty of interest -- from guys who are both neg & poz.

I've also had more than a few guys (sometimes from hundreds of miles away) send me a message and ask about PrEP which I'm happy to answer. (I'm a big fan of PrEP and wish more people knew about it -- both poz and neg guys). In fact, I've gotten enough questions that I put together a list of good links to PrEP info that I can offer to share if the guy seems really interested in knowing more about it. So far, at least 3 guys I've chatted with online have started PrEP after they asked me about it.