Poz Guys - Do you have any online profiles that say you're neg?

rawTOP

Poz Guys - Do Any Of Your Profiles Say You're Neg?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Poz Guys - Do Any Of Your Profiles Say You're Neg?

• No, They All Say I'm Poz Or Say Nothing About My Status
    • Some Of My Profiles Say I'm Neg When I'm Actually Poz
    • All Of My Profiles Say I'm Neg When I'm Actually Poz

• Administrators

So the question yesterday was do poz guys tell the truth when they're asked about their HIV status? Seems most at least say they do.

So today I'm wondering how many how many poz guys have online profiles (they actively use) that say they're neg instead of poz. I realize most of the time when it happens it's just poz guys not wanting to be public about their HIV status so they lie on their profile to throw off casual acquaintances, coworkers and the like.

I guess the follow up question is when you say you're neg in your profile do you actually tell the guy you hookup with your poz before you hookup? Based on my experience there are lots of guys who say they're neg who I just don't believe and they never say anything. Is that just because they're bottoming and think there's no risk for me? Do you say something when you top? Or if you're undetectable do you just figure it's the equivalent (risk-wise) of being neg, and it's none of their business?

• 1 year later...

It depends on the site and why I'm using it.

On sites like barbackrt/asspig/recon where my intent is to hook-up - I say I'm poz on the profile somewhere.

On bear411, I just omit anything about status - I usually log on to that site just to chat/shoot the shit/catch up with friends. In the rare chance things do start going towards sex and seems like the convo might go towards a hookup, I'll disclose my status before things get much further.

So today I'm wondering how many how many poz guys have online profiles (they actively use) that say they're neg instead of poz. I realize most of the time when it happens it's just poz guys not wanting to be public about their HIV status so they lie on their profile to throw off casual acquaintances, coworkers and the like.

Where is the embarrassment located? In being attracted to men? In being open to sex outside of a relationship? In engaging in "risky" sex? In being poz? I'm trying to figure out how a guy who's comfortable with announcing online that he's all of the former nevertheless has problems with admitting to having HIV.

I guess the follow up question is when you say you're neg in your profile do you actually tell the guy you hookup with your poz before you hookup? Based on my experience there are lots of guys who say they're neg who I just don't believe and they never say anything. Is that just because they're bottoming and think there's no risk for me? Do you say something when you top? Or if you're undetectable do you just figure it's the equivalent (risk-wise) of being neg, and it's none of their business?

Simple matter of respect. I can understand that there are circumstances where you don't have to bring up status. A guy shoving his cock through a gloryhole and letting you ride it doesn't need you to pass him a quick note through the hole telling him your status before you bend over and get plowed.

But actively lying about your status is another matter altogether. If someone asks you if you're poz, then tell the truth. Maybe he's asking because he's poz and he doesn't want to bareback with someone neg. Or maybe he'll move on and fuck someone else. Who cares? It's not like you're losing out on a 20 year relationship over this. Another horny guy will be along in a few minutes.

If I do, they are old, out of date, and forgot about them. (do not use them anymore). . I am up front about my status and do a reality check before physical play too. . just in case someone didn't get my status the first time. I work on a level of informed consent. I am (not) into intentional deception.