Prep Any Potential Side Effects Similar To Poz Meds

Pitt1988

You're 100% right poz1956; i did an experiment on adam4adam where i looked up poz guys in all categories nationwide: and i was initially expecting bottoms to have the highest percentage, but alas vers guys had the highest number, matter of fact versatile had the highest percentage out of all groups in every state, followed by bottoms; tops not surprisingly had the lowest percentage, that is how i came to the conclusion that versatile guys are the ones at the most risk and putting other categories such as bottom,bttm/vers, top/vers at risk.  

• Upvote 1

If you look at hook-up sties & apps vers guys are mostly looking for other vers guys.  They will play with tops and bottoms, but their preference is other vers guys.  And when a very sexually active vers guy is newly infected, he's at his most infectious.  It can get down to an 1 in 5 chance of passing it on with a viral load in the 10,000,000 range.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for what you said. One of many reasons I avoid vers guys. As much as I've barebacked I think I've stayed clean so far by only playing with exclusive 100% tops. 

One of the dirty little secrets, never talked about in HIV prevention, is that most of this epidemic is caused by Vers guys.  They are most vulnerable when the bottom, and most likely to spread it when they top.  That 1 in 71 chance of catching it while bottoming, magically becomes 1 in 71 chance of passing it on when they top.  The risk even much higher during the acute phase of infection, shortly after they catch the bug.

I started on PrEP about a month ago after reading a lot about it and talking with my doctor.  It costs me $25 a month through my insurance.  I talked through the side effects and my doctor assured me that lipodystrophy only happens when TRUVADA is mixed with other drugs for HIV maintenance.  There have been NO cases of lipodystrophy when used on its own for prevention.  Given that the infection rate is nearly 0% when TRUVADA is taken daily, it seemed like a no brainer to me.  

In the first month, the only side effect that I noticed was a little bit of acne in odd places, like upper thighs and forearms, but that cleared up after two weeks on the drug and nothing now.  It's possible that wasn't even related.