Playing With Poz Guys!?

DNY04

Moderator's Note: The poster wants everyone to know that the temporary situation he described below is no longer an issue for him. He appreciates everyone sending him suggestions, but he no longer needs help,with this problem  

I’ve met a guy a while ago and we have a simple relationship, but not compromised with each other. We both want to fuck, however I’m insecure because he is undetectable. I’ve fucked with Neg guys and so far I’m Neg.

The thing is; right now I’m in a treatment and can’t be on PrEP at the same time. Once I finish my treatment, I've got green light to be on PrEP. (10 months)

I don’t want to mess up the relationship, but I’m aware of his needs.

(This applies not only for him, but for any HIV+ guy I'd fuck with)

Suggestions? Opinions?

Danny

The risk of acquiring hiv from a truly undetectable poz guy is low. I would guess even lower than a "neg" guy because how do you know they are really neg. if you really want to maintain your neg status, then you need to wait the ten months until you go on PrEP. You may think ten months is forever, but having hiv is for the rest of your life. Think hard about what you want. There will be plenty of dick to conquer ten months from now. If he wants a relationship with you, then he'll respect your choice to stay neg and will be waiting for you when you are on PrEP.

• Upvote 1

Great for wanting to stay safe....you seem to be doing all the right things and thinking this through.  My big thing with your post is your comment about playing with NEG guys.  I assume that you are a bottom and taking a guy bare.....these guys that say they are NEG are MUCH more of a risk for you than the guy that is honest.  Guys out there are saying they are negative just because when they tell they are poz get turned down...or even worse the guys that say they are neg but truely DO NOT KNOW.  If they are out there playing without condoms then there is a chance they are poz and don't know it....an un medicated poz guy is MUCH more dangerous to YOU than the guy that's on meds and undetectible and honest with you. 

• Upvote 2

Does it go against the spirit of the forum to suggest you use condoms until you go on PrEP in 10 months time?

It's great that your man is undetectable, but it's quite a lot of trust to place in someone (to trust that he is genuinely undetectable, that he keeps to his medications and stays undetectable).  Maybe your relationship is strong enough for that trust.

If you were barebacking with the "NEG guys" you mentioned, and believed you were safe because they told you they were, was that in a relationship were you both got tested? or were they casual shags and you took their word on their status?

The fact you've got a time frame for when you can start PrEP is great and ten months isn't that long to wait to get this exponential boost to your safety and peace of mind.

Also, that first raw fuck with your man after ten months of waiting is going to be mindblowing...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Boxir55

There's a chance with everything in life but what theses guys are saying about undetectable men is right. I am always suspicious of a guy who says he is neg, if you are living with him you'll probably see him taking them lol. A friend of mine has diabetes I am always checking his stuff, he knows that, it's easy to forget another friend forgot a few times had a couple of drinks too many and died in the night.

• 3 weeks later...

Even when you're on PreP, it's still not a free pass. There will always be risks. Wearing a condom, going on PreP, your partner being on meds, living 'healthy' (eating right, sleeping enough, not going overboard with drugs&alcohol)...etc will all decrease your chances of getting HIV. But it doesn't remove it.

My personal recommendation is to use a condom for the duration. If you insist on going bare during your 10 months, I'd recommend you and your partner to stay fit, stay healthy; don't go overboard with any recreational drugs (or alcohol, if any); don't get too roughed up (open sores and bleeding wounds are not your friends); and your partner pay close attention to his health. Any spike in say, the VR would be a sign of concern and maybe stop until that particular issue is addressed.