Fewer Guys Will Bareback Me When They Find Out I'm On Prep. Wtf

colletonguy

I wonder if anyone else has run across this. I do live in small country town I wonder if it's lack of knowledge. Before I got on PreP I used to Serosort and had pretty good luck finding loads. I guess I'll stop mentioning it. For anyone considering Prep I had zero side effects.

I wonder if anyone else has run across this. I do live in small country town I wonder if it's lack of knowledge. Before I got on PreP I used to Serosort and had pretty good luck finding loads. I guess I'll stop mentioning it. For anyone considering Prep I had zero side effects.

Yes, this is very common. People are beyond ignorant. I think it has to do with the fact that if you mention PrEP you are implying you have condomless with others.

To ensure BB sex either just don't say anything, or ask them 'are you clean? clean and tested neg xx/xx/xx' and it's a green light for BB.

I've personally started to mention PrEP to people who I am NOT very interested in meeting. It's a great way to make them run away without having to reject them.

It's a double-edged sword. On the one hand, if we don't talk about PrEP out of fear of rejection, the ignorance will continue. On the other hand, who wants to miss out on a dick and load by freaking out an ignorant (yet hot) potential fuck buddy.  ;) I talk about PrEP on a case by case basis and none of my online profiles outright mention it.

We have to remember PrEP is very new and it will take a long time for knowledge about it to disseminate. In the meantime guys may get freaked out or confused at the mention of it. It's just something we have to live with for now