Condoms Forbidden In Bali

bberik

Maybe it is Bali I should go to soon? Sharing room with your partner when you're unmarried and selling condoms will both be forbidden in a new law that is expected to pass in Bali soon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3237972/Tourists-Bali-arrested-sleeping-room-outside-wedlock.html

Well, the article states that condoms are not allowed to be sold openly, but still available under the counter when you ask for them.

As a single traveller I wouldn't have a problem with this new policy, but if you are travelling with your partner I would'n't like the idea of going there with a possibility of ending up in prison for a year. I don't think the cells in Bali are as comfortable as in Europe.

I think this is going to hurt their tourism industry very hard. That of course when tourists are informed about the new rules, which most probably are not.

• Upvote 2