Luck Vs. Immunity

Guest Gloryholee

Guest Gloryholee

Getting "pozzed" seems to be like getting pregnant. Some people take load after load for months, even years and nothing happens. Yet others do it the once and they're "knocked-up".

Pregnant analagy aside, is this just because of luck? Is it simply they have a statistical chance that HIV will or wont take each time they expose themselves to the risks, and just get lucky each time? Or, do you think some people have a natural immunity to it?

not sure there is much to support being able to avoid getting zero converted to hiv+ status due to natural immunity.  no doubt, many guys go much longer without becoming poz.   Some research says that getting converted from a one time anal bareback sex exposure is about 1 in 70.

I know that i barebacked a lot....but never converted.  However, I was not actively chasing.  Once I was selective and started chasing, I was pozzed within two months....and after 29 different cocks (maybe 50 loads).  guy who knocked me up was stealthing at first...and I really think he got me on the first try.

there is some evidence that some folks are very resistant to moving on to full blown aids.   That is the progression of the disease is slower in some guys.....to the point of being nearly nonexistent...but that is a very small group (.2% of infected guys).....

• 2 years later...
Guest FinalDL2021

I think that numbers come into play as well. I have been barebacking and taking anon Loads for a year now, and I am still Neg.  I get into a routine of going to the same bathhouse, that I like, and sticking with a few reliable fuck-buddies. Its more due to convenience than a concern for safety. Another thing that factors in, is that I only go out to satisfy that urge about twice a month on average.

Immunity is real, albeit rare

https://www.medicaldaily.com/why-some-people-are-immune-hiv-ebola-and-other-diseases-397940

Normally, HIV infects the body by grabbing onto the CD4 receptor and its co-receptor CCR5 and using them to enter the cell, and then reprogram it to spread throughout a body. However, in individuals with this mutation, the virus is unable to enter cells. The CCR5-delta32 mutation results in a smaller protein that isn't on the outside of the cell anymore. Most forms of HIV cannot infect cells if there is no CCR5 on the surface. People with two copies of the CCR5-delta32 gene (inherited from both parents) are virtually immune to HIV infection. This occurs in about 1 percent of Caucasian people.

What I have read is that the bacteria that caused the Black Death in 14th century Europe used this same receptor, so it selected for Europeans with the defect, but that might be TMI

Edited by lower_bucks_bottom
  • Like 1

Guest FinalDL2021

I am of Irish, German, and some Scandinavian decent. My Blood type is A negative. I currently don't ever get sick, and feel no need to even get a flu shot most years. I would be curious to take the 23 and me DNA test. 

• 2 weeks later...

You have to have the dual deletion from your gene sequence (CCR5-delta32 x2) in order to have the natural immunity, but it appears to only provide immunity from the CD4 strain of HIV, not the newer CD5, so even those few who have the dual deletion should probably be on Prep to be more certain of avoiding the infection. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 10:19 PM, wildbottom said:

You have to have the dual deletion from your gene sequence (CCR5-delta32 x2) in order to have the natural immunity, but it appears to only provide immunity from the CD4 strain of HIV, not the newer CD5, so even those few who have the dual deletion should probably be on Prep to be more certain of avoiding the infection. 

That is so right. 

• Upvote 1

I don't know which of the two I have, but have taken a lot of raw loads, never have had a condomed dick fuck me and I was in San Francisco during the AIDS epidemic and am still NEG. I'd say at least a couple of hundred raw loads were injected into me over the years, some huge that caused bleeding and no HIV. Now I'm married to a POZ/UD guy and taking all his raw loads anytime.

12 hours ago, CowboyAboutTown said:

That is so right. 

But my bigger concern now is Hep C - we know chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis can be treated with 1-3 shots of penicillin (for now, they're becoming resistant - I picked up syphillis and it went latent, so it's going to be awhile before the penicillin makes an impact)) and you can be immunized for Hep A and Hep B (I wish I'd known that as I am dealing with Hep B at the moment) but Hep C is a big issue and there's no way to deal with it if it goes chronic :(  How is everyone else dealing with this?  For 20 years I ignored it all, but it's caught up to me now. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/31/2018 at 10:02 AM, wildbottom said:

But my bigger concern now is Hep C - we know chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis can be treated with 1-3 shots of penicillin (for now, they're becoming resistant - I picked up syphillis and it went latent, so it's going to be awhile before the penicillin makes an impact)) and you can be immunized for Hep A and Hep B (I wish I'd known that as I am dealing with Hep B at the moment) but Hep C is a big issue and there's no way to deal with it if it goes chronic :( How is everyone else dealing with this?  For 20 years I ignored it all, but it's caught up to me now. 

Check out the following link.  

https://www.cdc.gov/std/tg2015/syphilis.htm

Penicillin G, administered parenterally, is the preferred drug for treating persons in all stages of syphilis. The preparation used (i.e., benzathine, aqueous procaine, or aqueous crystalline), dosage, and length of treatment depend on the stage and clinical manifestations of the disease. Treatment for late latent syphilis and tertiary syphilis require a longer duration of therapy, because organisms theoretically might be dividing more slowly (the validity of this rationale has not been assessed). Longer treatment duration is required for persons with latent syphilis of unknown duration to ensure that those who did not acquire syphilis within the preceding year are adequately treated.

Here's another interesting link.  

https://aac.asm.org/content/61/1/e01092-16

I  know guys who have successfully treated C, G and S after coming home with bugs from a cream filled Southern Decadence weekend or a vacation in Mexico with a cocktail of doxycycline, tetracycline,  and azithromycin.    You need a Dr. who knows you well enough to prescribe this type of treatment proactively or for when you need a travel pack.  

• Upvote 1