Community Alert

barecubtop

For those of you in the US, you may be familiar with Nextdoor - it's sort of like Facebook for your community.  You can join your subdivision or apartment complex, etc...and people can post things like "selling my gas grill" or "there have been some car breakins lately on such-and-such a street" or "looking for recommendations for _____".  I don't log in very much at all, but I get some emails when someone posts about activity in my apartment complex.  Got an email today about a post that said something like the following...

"There's a registered sex offender working at the KFC nearby, you may want to reconsider eating there..." 

It sort of pissed me off.  First, I want to plainly say that I'm not in favor of illegal sexual activity.  I like fucking younger guys, but I haven't ever fucked anything underage and don't intend on doing so. (I'm assuming the sex offense is something of this nature, which may be wrong)  I think it's the fact that this person is encouraging others to abandon the business because of one of the employees being a sex offender.  The employee has registered as a sex offender, so that's a good thing.  And really, is the employee going to seduce a kid to join him in the bathroom or something while he/she is working?  I'm sure there are safeguards in place preventing that (i.e. other employees would know if the employee in question is not at their station or what not).  Also, if there is anyone underage, wouldn't they be with their parents or an adult anyways (unless they're 16 or 17 when they can drive themselves, and then that's a gray area where consent can be achieved)?  It's almost like saying, "don't go to Walmart anymore, I hear they hire recovering alcohol/drug/sex/food addicts", which is stupid.  If it wasn't an underage thing...what else might it have been? Exposing oneself in public? Rape?  Again, I don't think either of those would be possible in a fast food restaurant where there is management and other employees around for safeguards.  Sex offenders may have done something wrong/bad, but they deserve a second chance like anyone else, and they have to make a living somehow.

Thoughts on this? 

• Upvote 1

I'm a firm believer in the fact if a person is convicted of a crime which they do their time and is released they should be able to continue they're lives ie get a job and a place to live. Now certain crimes I understand the need to monitor them such as paroled child molester but to deny them the capability to provide for themselves is punishing them twice

• Upvote 1

This sort of behavior, deciding that sex offenders of whatever sort should be ostracised from society completely does farm more harm than good.

These sex offenders in many cases did absolutely disgusting and awful things, yes. However if you don't allow them places to live and work they are far far far more likely to re-offend. Without healthy outlets for a normal life they can only stew in their own minds and will spend most of that time angry and really fucking horned up. 

I've in my time seen what I'd call "ghettos" of men who have committed these kinds of crimes and others. Living closely together in hotels or low cost housing cause it's all they can afford and the only place they can live.

Surrounded by other angry horny recovering sex offenders and other ex-felons. Yeah that just magnifies what's already churning in their heads.

Let the guy work at KFC, let him have a place to live and watch the fucker. Keep a close eye on him as he struggles to fit into the real world. The further you push him away the harder it is to see what he's up to and the more likely it is that it's gonna be something really bad.

• Upvote 2