Testing Duration

Guest FinalDL2021

Guest FinalDL2021

Is there a recommended time duration for being tested for STD's/HIV? ( i.e. once a month, every 3 month etc.) Normally I would just get tested if I experienced some kind of a symptom. Yet now, I am more sexually active, and was wondering what test duration gives you the best results for testing. I have also noticed a lot of guys request this information, when I respond to their dating App profile.  

Three months is pretty standard.  However, if you are very sexually active, increase it; say, once every six weeks.  I buy tests from stdcheck.com and go to the local labcorp for the draw and urine.  I only go this route when I suspect something is up or someone has informed me that they had a positive result for something.  I have to pay out of pocket, but it's actually a fraction of the cost that the same tests cost through a clinic, and I don't have to deal with making an appointment, I can go on my own time.  I take any positive results to the clinic for treatment.

• 2 months later...

Every three months is a good frequency for many guys who are sexually active. If you have multiple partners a day/week you could consider every 1-2 months or additional tests when you are symptomatic. There's no right answer, but don't go much longer than 3 months if possible if you're quite sexually active.

I test every 3 months regularly plus I get tested additionally after every major fuckfest, such as a holiday where I’m fucking multiple guys every day for a week. Obviously I also get tested if I had symptoms but I’ve often been unaware when STIs have been revealed through tests. I was pleasantly surprised recently when I returned from 10 days in Bangkok where I bottomed 52 times raw and took 19 loads and yet was STI free - hopefully that was partly because more guys are getting tested regularly and getting treated promptly if needed.