Any guys had any 'bumps in the road'?

Something I've been curious about for a while,  once a guy is Poz and on successful undetectable treatment can they expect any health 'bumps in the road' as it were? be is 10 / 20 or even 30 years down the road?

Dont mean like the odd seasonal cold / flu etc but longer term. Only reason I'm curious is; I understand the drugs now a days can keep the virus in check, but does that come at a lost long term with the toxcicity of the drugs one would need to take?

Would be really interested to hear any poz guys thoughts / expereinces health wise of being long term poz. 

I got a weird painful lung infection out of the blue a few years in. Made it to a local hospital and they shipped me to mine on request, chock full of morphine. It really hurt bad. One night in hospital, some strong intravenous antibiotics. Very short of breath the next day. I use Neosporin on most cuts. No colds, ever,  although I still chew up a Zicam if I’m around one. I think anti retroviral HIV meds also work on the common cold. Just an opinion. I take a lot of vitamins and a few supplements when my joints ache after strenuous exercise. On Atripla I sure don’t need sleeping pills and I love the dreams.

Edited by Pozlover1

• 1 month later...

A good friend of mine has been poz, mostly undetectable for over 20 years now. And he’s had no complications. However, in general he takes good care of himself, with good amounts of exercise, sleep, and limits drugs, alcohol and he doesn’t smoke. 

In that regard I think that a persons general health poz or not has way more to do with how they treat their body. I know straight people who aren’t poz that had heart attacks in their 30’s. Sure being poz can complicate your health, but assuming you are taking your meds, and staying undetectable, I doubt there is much of a statistical variance in health vs the general population 

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2019 at 3:56 PM, Pozlover1 said:

I got a weird painful lung infection out of the blue a few years in. Made it to a local hospital and they shipped me to mine on request, chock full of morphine. It really hurt bad. One night in hospital, some strong intravenous antibiotics. Very short of breath the next day. I use Neosporin on most cuts. No colds, ever,  although I still chew up a Zicam if I’m around one. I think anti retroviral HIV meds also work on the common cold. Just an opinion. I take a lot of vitamins and a few supplements when my joints ache after strenuous exercise. On Atripla I sure don’t need sleeping pills and I love the dreams.

havent had a common cold since on meds and no major issues